1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Rooting?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jaydensdaddy, Apr 18, 2012.

1. jaydensdaddy

jaydensdaddy Lurker

Any progress on rooting this phone? I have a lot of junk programs I want to get rid of but can't... How hard is it to convert Charge root to the Aviator?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Zebulon

Zebulon Android Enthusiast

The last I knew, there was enough different between the Charge/Aviator that the rooting/recovery methods for the Charge wouldn't work on the Aviator.

I'm really hoping that the phone gets some developer love soon, because if it doesn't get better than this, I can't say that I am terribly excited about using it for the next 18 months.

3. Rempala

Rempala Lurker

Once it get it rooted. hopefully we can figure out how to port the charge roms to it. (They have a ICS rom),

4. Zebulon

Yeah, but from what I can tell, it's in pretty bad shape at this point. No radio support at all, which means no reception at all.

I do miss ICS, though. I was shocked at how much of a step back Gingerbread was after getting used to ICS on my Mez.

5. Rempala

Rempala Lurker

Yea I run ICS on my SCH-i800 (Galaxy Tab) And love it. Just wish USCC would release a official version.( They already said they would not).

6. northmendo

northmendo Lurker

Has anyone tried my app BreakDroid yet. I am curious if it can root the aviator.

Some one wanna test it for me?

7. Zebulon

I actually just managed to get mine rooted this morning via the instructions posted in the "All Things Root" subforum. Otherwise I'd give it a try.

8. northmendo

northmendo Lurker

Can you post a link? I'll add it to BreakDroid

9. Zebulon

10. northmendo

northmendo Lurker

Did you have to use odin or just super one click?

11. Zebulon

Both. You have to odin the one file in, and that allows SOC to do its magic.

12. northmendo

northmendo Lurker

Damn, odin is a no go on Mac.

13. mcblazin420

mcblazin420 Lurker

However, this does not mean you are unable to root. There are instructions over at TeamUSCellular for Mac users:

Galaxy S aviator root - Galaxy S Aviator Development - TeamUSCellular - Page 2

It is a bit more complicated and relies heavily on using the terminal and ADB instead of SuperOneClick, but if you are familiar with both the terminal and ADB, it is fairly painless and takes less than 10 minutes. Worked for me first try on my old Macbook.

Samsung Galaxy S Aviator Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews