• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooting

Ohh yea did I forget to mention Xposed... That's a big plus to rooting.

Yea teathering with pda.net or whatever it's called or FoxFi and you can secretly tethering, if doing it with a mac or pc just be sure to download a browser agent changer and switch the agent to android tablet or whatever otherwise you'll be bugged with the metroPCS Tethering TOS page.

Upvote 0
Ohh yea did I forget to mention Xposed... That's a big plus to rooting.

Yea teathering with pda.net or whatever it's called or FoxFi and you can secretly tethering, if doing it with a mac or pc just be sure to download a browser agent changer and switch the agent to android tablet or whatever otherwise you'll be bugged with the metroPCS Tethering TOS page.

Oh yeah I already know bout those apps. But I wish there was a way to tether straight up, no issues. Anyone try tether with these apps with PS4/Xbox 1 and it not count towards tether data? No issues either

Upvote 0
I don't think there is any other way, I wish metroPCS would just double the 5$ price of tethering on a unlimited/unthrottled plan and let us really throttle and unleash the beast. LoL

I figure if we had more people exploit the 60$ plus rooted tethering method they'd buckle in and give it to us.

Upvote 0
Oh yeah I already know bout those apps. But I wish there was a way to tether straight up, no issues. Anyone try tether with these apps with PS4/Xbox 1 and it not count towards tether data? No issues either
Try this.. You need Root to edit build props, then add this at the end of your build.prop and reboot. I'd advise wiping both caches as well.

Does your phone tell you that you need to purchase an upgrade to your plan whenever you try and tether? Depending on your carrier, this line may help:

net.tethering.noprovisioning=true

It came from @6th_Hokage 's thread here:
http://androidforums.com/threads/build-prop-tweaks-confirmed-working-updated-9-18-2015.937821/

Upvote 0

Yeah I'd pay 50 bucks extra month just to unlimited tether. Metropcs rip off 1 gb for $5 wtf? They could have us another 8 gb top off $5 would be fair.

Upvote 0
Try this.. You need Root to edit build props, then add this at the end of your build.prop and reboot. I'd advise wiping both caches as well.

Does your phone tell you that you need to purchase an upgrade to your plan whenever you try and tether? Depending on your carrier, this line may help:

net.tethering.noprovisioning=true

It came from @6th_Hokage 's thread here:
http://androidforums.com/threads/build-prop-tweaks-confirmed-working-updated-9-18-2015.937821/

I got that already on by standard, thanks to katina rom. Doesn't work at least this rom and metropcs.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones