1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Rotating Buttons Outline

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ZingXao, Jan 12, 2012.

1. ZingXao

ZingXao Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 11, 2011
    Hello! Just literally bought this phone, and I've noticed a slight flaw with the soft key buttons. Just a cosmetic issue, but am wondering if anyone else has this?

Basically, the rotated buttons behind the search and back keys are slightly visible behind the non-rotated buttons. It's more visible behind the search button, and it makes it look as though the magnifying glass is glowing. It's not happening with the other two soft keys.

Am wondering if anyone else has this or is it just mine? I'm not going to/won't be able to exchange for such a minor flaw on the device, but am curious as to whether this is a flaw with the actual design of the soft keys or just my phone.

Thanks.

EDIT: Whilst am here, and instead of making a new thread have any of you noticed that the on/off switch and volume buttons are kinda flimsy? I notice it more on the volume buttons, but again, am just wondering whether it's my phone?

And finally, have any of you tried video calling with Fring or Tango? I called my friend on his iPhone with both of these apps, and he was really clear whereas, according to him, I just kept freezing and I was blocky. Although he said the sound was good through Tango, it wasn't so much through Fring. We were both on wifi in our respective houses.

I'm only asking all these questions because I bought the last phone in the shop, but when it was opened up there were no covers on the screen or anything and there were fingerprints on the screen. The sales guy reassured me that it was new, and that the phone had just been opened up so a customer could try out Android. When I got home and looked in the box all the cables and stuff were unopened and in their bags, but the phone had no charge in its battery at all.

Am just wondering if my 'complaints' are just part of the phone or whether I've been sold a used phone. Thanks!

Advertisement

2. ZingXao

ZingXao Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 11, 2011
    I didn't notice this the first time I charged it. However I could hear a slight rattle when my finger hit a certain part of the phone but couldn't see what it was. I then realised that the charging port is a bit loose, and when the cable is in there's some give.

So has my phone been a used one or what? Or are all Incredible 2's like that??

I wouldn't be going on, but