• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rotating home screen. Help please.

Fingledobe

Jul 3, 2011
First off i have an optimus m rooted with custom recovery and CG7 with oc kernel. Is there a way to disable the home screen rotation so it doesn't go landscape every time i lay my phone down. i hate that one simple feature.

there should be an option i don't like it going landscape on my main screen or my app drawer. i just want the landscape in apps like internet and such.

any help would be appreciated.
thanks in advance.

as far as it going to landscape in the laucher (aka home screen), i don't think its possible with the "stock" launcher, assuming the stock launcher wasn't changed but if you get a launcher like launcher pro, you can dissable landscape on the home screen in the app settings. unless you fancy the "stock" one, then the only way to stop it is to disable auto rotation in settings, but i think that also stops other apps from being able to go into landscape.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones