• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rotation locker for low end devices

willsp28

Aug 18, 2019
Hey guys i have a 5.0 android that i run tasker on and every rotation locker i get works for a while then stops, i tryd a bunch but so far i couldn't find one that uses very little resources, the ram is pretty close to mAx at all times, i really wish it wasn't so hard to root newer devices, but anyways what's some other options and ive also tryd memory locker

Just about all devices now, should have Rotation Lock in the quick access pull-down menu, along with Flight Mode, Silent Mode, Flashlight, Bluetooth, NFC, etc.

Something with "5.0 android" may not have it though, but that's likely to be a rather old phone or tablet now.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Looking at a couple of old phones running Jelly Bean (4.3) and KitKat (4.4), both have rotation options in their Settings menus.

If your phone is short on system resources, I'd suggest you uninstall any of those third-party 'rotation lock' apps and just use the integral control for this that's already in the Settings menu.
If you haven't done this already but you might want to just sit down and peruse through all the options in your phone's Settings menu. It's a good way to learn about the particular features in your phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones