• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Routing Bluetooth Audio

scubab

Dec 9, 2010
I use a a Bluetooth to Aux device for my media and a Motorola Elite Flip for my phone audio while driving. This works great for the major functions (music to my car speakers, phone calls to my headset), however, voice commands are expecting voice input via my hardware receiver, not my headset. This proves very inconvenient when trying to use the built in voice commands, Waze, and even Text by Voice :(

The ultimate solution (for SMS and call only voice commands) is to use My MotoSpeak, but unfortunately it seems to have issues pending my outgoing SMS with my new ICS phone (a friend who upgraded her GS2 to ICS is having the same exact issue). If I could get this app working I wouldn't need the Text by Voice app.

Is anyone aware of any solutions to force my applications to receive my voice commands via my BT mic, not my hardware mic? I'm not opposed to running a Tasker script if I need to.

Thanks in advance!

Phone Information:
Motorola Electrify M (rebranded RAZR M)
Rooted
Stock 4.0.4

For clarification, my Bluetooth settings are set to:
Motorola Elite (audio only)
GlGrove (media only)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones