• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Routing notifications to bluetooth headset

mart123

Lurker
Jan 12, 2010
Hi guys,

I have an A2DP bluetooth headset that I use to listen to music and take calls on my HTC Hero. It works great. The only annoying thing is that when somebody calls, I have to fish the phone out of my pocket to figure out who it is. I've downloaded Voice Caller ID to remedy this. The trouble is the sound comes from the phone speaker so when it's in my pocket I still don't hear it. Particularly with the headphones on!

Does anyone know how to divert the ringtone / voice through to the headset?? The headset makes its own ringing sound, not the phone's ringtone, so I assume if I get the ringtone to route, the voice will too.

This is the headset, if it makes a difference... Sony Ericsson Wireless Stereo Headphones HBH-IS800 | Mobile phone accessories

Any ideas??

Thanks,
Martin.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones