1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

[rpg] earth and legend is out

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by junkish, Sep 15, 2011.

1. junkish

junkish Member
    None

Jan 21, 2010

Advertisement

NZtechfreak and ogrenator like this.
  2. ogrenator

ogrenator Android Enthusiast
    None

May 9, 2010
    Looks very nice...Crusade of Destiny was sweet...I'm in!

3. TheCompBoy

TheCompBoy Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 18, 2010
    Programmer
    Sweden
    Ohh.. This looks awesome.. I got to save up my money for this :)

4. jcash3

jcash3 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 13, 2010
    Engineer
    Anchorage, AK
    Looks great, I never played Crusade of Destiny, but have heard good things. I will probably be dropping the $6.99 to get it. How many hours of gameplay does this have?

5. nerdstaz

nerdstaz Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 12, 2009
    I can't get this to download the app data on the Bionic, anyone else having any luck here?

6. junkish

junkish Member
    None

Jan 21, 2010
    no.. the download stops here too. maybe their server are busted hehe?

7. nerdstaz

None

Nov 12, 2009
    I e-mailed the dev team. I will let you know as soon as I find something out.

8. nerdstaz

None

Nov 12, 2009
    Must be the servers though, I just hit 1% after 20 minutes. HA! At this rate, I can play it tomorrow!

9. junkish

junkish Member
    None

Jan 21, 2010
    mine was at 76% and then jumped back to 0 hmf :)

10. EightRooks

EightRooks Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 17, 2010
    Definitely looks like they've come on in leaps and bounds since Crusade of Destiny - the visuals on that one were godawful and the world was fairly empty and repetitive, but it was a pretty solid Zelda clone for all that. This still has something of the same awkward art style, but it's much, much more impressive graphically and the feature set makes it look as if they've been trying to flesh the world out a bit more. But like everyone else my download is crawling along - looks like they weren't prepared for the hammering their servers seem to be getting. Oh, well. Worst case it wouldn't be the first time I've wasted a fiver, so let's hope it's actually good.

11. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic
    None

Jul 29, 2010
    FG
    Looks much better than Crusade of Destiny was. I am kinda disappointed, back when they first teased this game it seemed like it was going to be a MMO looks like it is just wifi co-op. I will wait on making the purchase, IMO Crusade of Destiny was way too short, until there are some reviews discussing how long this game is I will pass.

12. NZtechfreak

NZtechfreak Android Expert
    None

Apr 23, 2010
    Medical Doctor
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Wow, thats impressive looking! A definite purchase I think! Hope it can be played with my Phonejoy for some HDTV gaming!

13. EightRooks

None

Dec 17, 2010
    Uh, well, it is a huge improvement over Crusade of Destiny - at least technically. The visuals are greatly beefed up (aren't DVide Arts just a tiny studio, as well?) with an impressive level of detail for a phone RPG - not that many polygons, but a lot of nice little ambient touches - and the whole thing runs surprisingly well on a Desire, at least in the opening section.

Two things, though: one, first impressions suggest this is basically the exact same generic fantasy nonsense as Crusade. Quest descriptions are almost literally just a few words away from 'Uh, so, like, there's this evil guy and stuff, and you need to get stronger to beat him, so go kill things until you're level 25 and come back here.' There isn't the slightest bit of personality to the world and the NPCs to match the improvements they've made to the engine and the art design. And two, it won't download the extra data to your SD card! Like, what the hell? If you're going to write off everyone with an older phone with limited internal memory like that, why bother making this run on 2.2 at all? I know developers can patch these things, but the mere fact they released it like this is hugely, hugely frustrating - it's the kind of elementary thing everyone making a game for Android simply must do, no excuses allowed. I might, might have been willing to keep it if it had struck me as absolutely amazing but, well, it doesn't. There's nothing in the first half hour or so to suggest it's more than a competent Zelda clone with a snappy 3D engine and some half-decent art design... I'm very impressed with their technical chops but not so much I'm going to have it as the only game on my phone. Disappointing.

14. reddragon72

reddragon72 Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 1, 2010
    The game does use the SD card. So check your install and make sure you have the latest version 1.02 I think.....

[​IMG]

Nothing on Game play yet as I just loaded it up at work, but can't play till later tonight.

15. EightRooks

None

Dec 17, 2010
    1.02 here. 8.71 MB app, 41.82 MB data, 50.53 total on internal memory, so I'm not sure what the hell it's doing. It said 60 MB of extra data. Has it not managed to download everything but started up anyway? Has it only installed 10 MB on external memory? Either way, it's too much. I mean, 'too much' is an understatement; it's just wrong. Sorry, I don't care how much of an idiot it makes me look, if Silvertree can get Cordy under 400 KB there's no excuse for this. Get it to below 5 MB on internal memory and everything else on SD at the very least and then I'll be more forgiving. Either that or simply stop 2.2 from installing it at all if you're not bothered about people with limited internal storage. Every single Android app compatible with 2.2 or less should make it a top priority to install every last bit of data possible on SD card, by default if possible, optional if preferable, end of story.

EDIT: My display also says 'move to phone', but the size in the applications list - which I always understood was what was actually in the internal storage - comes up as 50.53 MB.

It's a shame since this is pretty good - definitely not amazing, it's still a standard grindy action RPG with no real story exactly like Crusade was, but it's been vastly overhauled technically and ends up fairly fun for what it is, even surprisingly atmospheric at times. Dvide Arts have really, really improved, and I admire them for that, but installing any app on an Android phone in this way just is not right, particularly a premium one like this.

16. PepperHead

PepperHead Lurker
    None

Dec 19, 2009
    Sr. Tech Support
    Texas
    I can't get past the intro. No matter what I do, it sends me to the facebook 'Like' option. I click 'Like' about 3 times, then nothing happens. I go back to the game and it sends me back to FB. Even if I select 'Continue' instead of FB, it says loading, then sends me to FB.

Help

Moto Droid, Cynagen Mod 7, 2.3 Gingerbread

17. EightRooks

None

Dec 17, 2010
    Yeah, this is almost exactly the same as Crusade of Destiny bar a few pointless extras. Runs really well, but the biggest disappointment I've had on a smartphone in ages. All the five star reviews are massively frustrating - come on, people, so you'll play any old grindy fantasy crap as long as you can show it off and rant about how awesome it looks on your phone? Tiny world, rigid levelling (you cannot fight any enemies more than a level or two over you or you will die, and they're packed into their own little areas the same as Crusade was), linear upgrades, no story... technically it's excellent, no argument there, apart from the stupid lack of app2sd. Looks good, pretty decent frame rate, no problems controlling it at all. But I've beaten the first boss and gone a little way past that and this simply is not significantly different from their previous game in any way bar the production values. Not worth 50MB of internal memory, sorry. Will not be rushing to buy anything else from these guys.