1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

RPG Maker

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Soundteq, May 2, 2012.

1. Soundteq

Soundteq Member
    None

May 1, 2012
    I have seen this question asked at other forums, but it's been well over a year since I've seen such discussion and was wondering if anything has changed.

I used to make RPGs with the popular PC program called RPG Maker and I even toyed with it on the PS2. I wasn't great at it, but given the power of the tool I could still create RPGs that are more impressive than most current ones found in the app store =\. There is really a lack of worthwhile RPGs and it's a shame because RPGs work very well on phones in my opinion.

Does anybody know if there are any plans/methods to porting RPG Maker games to the Android? Last I heard there wasn't, but as aforementioned that was over a year ago, and at that time there were quite a few people interested.. so perhaps progress has been made?

Advertisement

2. 9to5cynic

9to5cynic Android Expert
    None

Feb 20, 2011
    /home/
    I don't know much about development, but I would think that if RPG maker allowed you to export the game files as a java application, you'd be very close to getting it working. I had to install eclipse and the java development kit for my one-time trials of hello world for android.... :)

If the program is still being maintained by the original developer, they might know better how to do this (if possible).

:D