1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Rr 2.2

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Deleted User, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Hey guys, so I rooted a couple weeks ago and flashed the latest RR which included HeyItsLou Kernel #8. Absolutely fell in love with it! For the past couple days, however, my phone has been really sluggish and I'm not sure why. Apps take more than 5 seconds to open up, the market crashes, and the framework keeps force closing. I don't really know what to do at this point, any advice?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Extreme Android User

Uninstall any apps that you've recently installed is the first step. Or use an app to monitor your cpu usage and figure out what is hogging it. Or last resort boot into clockwork and do a factory reset.

3. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Thanks, I think I may have fixed it. Google.process.gapps kept force closing, so I cleared the data for GMail and rebooted. This seems to have done the trick for now. How often should one do a nandroid backup?

4. sdrawkcab25

ALWAYS do a nand before doing anything that involves installing something in clockwork, is the general rule.
    ....BUT.... technically you don't really NEED a nand backup if you don't mind just reinstalling everything (rom, apps, etc) if something goes wrong. I personally just keep one nand backup just in case something goes wrong and I need a fully functional phone back quickly.

On the other hand some people like to make a nand backup of all the ROMS (after they get it all set up) they try, so they can switch easily between them as often as they want.

When restoring a nand backup, it may take a while (up to 20 minutes) so be patient and don't pull the battery.

5. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Thanks for the advice. I only have one ROM and don't feel comfortable at the moment with multiple. If I restore a NAND backup, is it kinda like Windows restore? Will I then need to restore my apps using Titanium Backup? And what about the apps that I had downloaded after the backup, do I need to re-download those? I only ask because the problem isn't fixed, unfortunately.

6. sdrawkcab25

You will only need to restore apps you've downloaded after you made the backup.

I'd try reflashing the rom after doing a full wipe in clockwork.(data and dalvik cache)

7. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Thanks. Found out it was the Yahoo Mail app that was causing such a big slowdown. Now that it's removed, my phone is back to being awesome!

HTC Droid Incredible Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible release date was April 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

April 2010
Release Date
Reviews