• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

viggs74

May 21, 2010
I went to my local Radio Shack on July 3rd to exchange my phone due to the light leakage issue. Of course they didn't have any in stock so I asked that he note it in my account as I had heard people on here have done that were in the same position I was in.

He told me that it wasn't necessary because it was considered a manufactures defect and RS covers manufacturers defects for 90 days.

Anybody out there know if this is true? If so, anybody out there going to wait like me to get closer to the 90 day limit to get a newer version with the manufacturers defects hopefully corrected?

I am in the same boat. My phone does have the screen seperation issue, so I called my local shack where I p
icked up the phone. They told me they would exchange it no problem when they get more in, and took my number. I can't help but think they are stalling to get me past the 30 days so they can pawn this off to Sprint. I would also like to know if their policy is 90 days.

Upvote 0
i was told that they will honor exchanges up to 60 days from purchase date. i went in to my local radio shack today and asked if they had any evos in. as i expected they did not have any in. i purchased my evo on launch day, June 4th. the associate was understanding and asked me to go over to the computer. he asked for my last name and zip, and what was wrong with the phone. after a bunch of typing he said that i was all set, and to expect the phone to be in by friday.

i was going into the store weekly to see if they had any evos. apparently with an exchange or replacement, they have to order the phone for you, not just wait for them to get some phones in and call you. he said that it will get shipped directly to the store from htc (idk if this is true) and have my name on it and everything.

so for all you guys that need to get your evo replaced from radio shack, go into the store and have them order you a replacement. that way you are not waiting for shipments to come in and you are not depending on someone to call you. i also asked if they replacement unit would be a refurb and he said no. lets hope hes not lying to me. ill keep you posted.

Upvote 0
He didn't take my name or anything. He didn't order a replacement, that's for sure. He just said that when they get some in, he will replace it. Sounded kinda of sketchy about it, like he didn't want to deal with it.

He was an assitant manager so I will hold their feet to the fire on this one. I do not want a refurb.

Upvote 0
i returned mine to radioshack for a blown speaker and the manager put me on a list also. took them about 2 weeks to get one in but they will get you one. they have a seperate list and one will be shipped to them specifically for you. they will call you the day it comes in. just to protect urself call sprint and explain ur problem and ask them to note your account. you wont' need them to do that but theres always a chance u'll get jerked around. don't worry and just be patient... u'll get ur replacement!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones