1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

RSA Fingerprint dialog

Discussion in 'Android Development' started by RhinoCan, Jun 28, 2020.

1. RhinoCan

RhinoCan Well-Known Member

I have messed myself up and need some help to be able to resume debugging a webpage I wrote which is misbehaving in some of the browsers on my phone.

I have a Samsung A5 (2017) and Samsung phones apparently have some special challenges in getting connected to laptops for debugging, as discussed in this thread at StackOverflow: https://stackoverflow.com/questions...evices-does-not-detect-device-when-plugged-in

Fortunately, I was using the technique in the second suggested technique (by studocwho) and it was working well until I did a slight variation on his technique: when I changed the USB Connection from MTP (Media Transport Protocol) to Audio Source and the dialog about the RSA key appeared, I checked the checkbox thinking that this would cause the RSA fingerprint to be sent from my phone to my laptop automatically each time so that I wouldn't get the RSA fingerprint dialog any more, save a couple of seconds, and still connect to the laptop. As it turns out, that is NOT what happened at all. For whatever reason, it stopped giving me the dialog and also failed to send the RSA fingerprint to the laptop AT ALL. The laptop just waits patiently for me to accept the debugging session on the phone (see screen shot) but the phone does absolutely nothing at all. Apparently, checking that checkbox prevents the RSA fingerprint from being sent so no debugging session can start at all.

How do I get that RSA dialog to appear again so that I can start my debug session? I have to believe there is SOME way to reverse the effect of checking that checkbox but I'm darned if I know what it is. I've tried rebooting the phone but that didn't do it.

2. RhinoCan

RhinoCan Well-Known Member

3. Disrop

Disrop Lurker

You just need to optimize your page's code and fix errors, if any