• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root RSD Lite to Flash SBF keeps failing..

emr25

Jun 14, 2010
So I installed the update.zip without taking any steps to retain root, so of course now that 2.2 is installed I no longer have root. I did a cache wipe and data wipe, then setup RSD Lite to flash the 2.1 SBF onto my phone so I can follow the procedures to keep root while upgraded to 2.2.

When I click start on RSD Lite, I am getting a failed flash process error.

"Phone[0000]: Phone is not compatible with multi-interface super-file. (0x703B); phone connected"

Does anybody have any suggestions for me? Also, the device properties are showing a lot of N/A in the place of version numbers, IMEI/ESN/MEID, etc.

Looks like that is working. It has gone farther than it did the first two times I tried it at least. Thanks for the help!

I know I dragged the patch file over, but I guess something did not work correctly. I appreciate the quick responses, I'm new to Android (the X is my first phone) and only have a basic understanding of programming, so I've spent about 4 hours working on this today already.

Upvote 0
Got stuck in a bootloop after it finished flashing, went to stock recovery and wiped cache and data again, I did this before the flash as well. That seems to have fixed the bootloop, it is currently on the eye and has been there for a minute or two, but I understand that is normal after reinstalling software.

Upvote 0
I tried the update this morning and because of the koush recovery couldn't, so I wiped. Took forever for me to get the sbf to work. Finally did and I didn't even think about rooting before applying 2.2.

Well, I went back later and tried twice to flash the sbf again and both times when the phone restarted it would loop in the red eye spot. I didn't reset from there. Just wondering if you finally got it to work again? I wound up just saying screw it and put 2.2 back on with no root.

Reactions: sodaboy581
Upvote 0
I tried the update this morning and because of the koush recovery couldn't, so I wiped. Took forever for me to get the sbf to work. Finally did and I didn't even think about rooting before applying 2.2.

Well, I went back later and tried twice to flash the sbf again and both times when the phone restarted it would loop in the red eye spot. I didn't reset from there. Just wondering if you finally got it to work again? I wound up just saying screw it and put 2.2 back on with no root.

I did get it working, it was a tedious day long process/learning experience. After flashing the SBF, stuck in bootloop, I battery pulled, booted in stock recovery, did a cache and data wipe, then rebooted. It took awhile on the eye, but eventually it worked fine. From there, I rooted using the allandroidroot app and then moved the su file from bin to xbin using root explorer, then booted into stock recovery to install the update.zip (Froyo).

Everything is working fine so far, with the exception of some apps not showing up in the market. MLB At Bat 2010 will not download through App Brain or the Market, as well as a few others.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones