• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root RSDlite won't detect phone

Coppercobra

Lurker
Feb 11, 2010
Hey Guys,

I'm trying to root my phone from stock OTA 2.1 update-1. I've followed all the guides I've been able to get my hands on. The only thing stopping me is that RSDlite is not detecting my phone when it's in Bootloader. Everything on the flash screen says that it's good to go. I've installed all the drivers and the PC does detect the Motorola Flash Device. I tried using 2 different computers, one with XP SP3 and one with Vista (ran as admin), and nothing on both. I've spent hours searching the web for similar problems and solution, I've tried just about everything and I'm about to lose it. Any one else experience something like this? Any tips on something that could fix this issue?

Thanks,
Rod

Good news! After endless hours of working at it I got it to work. All I had to do was... install linux and learn how to use it, install VirtualBox and learn how to use it, install a fresh copy of WinXP in to the VirtualBox, make my way through countless fails flashes, and then format my SDcard. It was quite the experience but my phone is currently installing the latest Droidmod... and it just finished :D This was a roller coaster ride... lots of highs and lows! I'm just happy I didn't freak over all the errors I got. Thanks to everyone for your help!

Upvote 0
Good news! After endless hours of working at it I got it to work. All I had to do was... install linux and learn how to use it, install VirtualBox and learn how to use it, install a fresh copy of WinXP in to the VirtualBox, make my way through countless fails flashes, and then format my SDcard. It was quite the experience but my phone is currently installing the latest Droidmod... and it just finished :D This was a roller coaster ride... lots of highs and lows! I'm just happy I didn't freak over all the errors I got. Thanks to everyone for your help!

All that for Droidmod??

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones