• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help *Rsolved* Tmobile Galaxy S2 wont update firmware though kies. HELP

Hey All,
Noob here with a question. I had a rooted Tmobile Galaxy S2 that I upgraded the firmware to 2.3.6 though Kies. For some reason I had an issue where the phone would not shut off. Everytime you would turn it off it would reboot after 2 seconds. Anyways, I did a hard reset and unrooted using "GalaxyS2TMobile/unroot/SGH-T989-UnRoot_ROM_Zedomax.zip" (Cant post links yet) back to stock Tmobile 2.3.5.

Now my constant power on problem is solved but I cant upgrade the firmware to 2.3.6 though kies anymore. It says "Your device does not support firmware upgrading via kies". I have read that it could be an issue with CSC regions but when I dial *#272*IMEI# all I see is TMB sales region which is the one I am on. I uninstalled kies, reinstalled the newest version, same thing. The funny thing that I did a hard reset like this before using the same ROM and was able to upgrade, I don't know what happened now.

At the moment the phone is completely wiped to stock, unrooted so on. I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT:
Resolved the problem. Found another stock ROM on XDA and flashed it with ODIN and after that was able to upgrade the firmware to 2.3.6 through Kies. Go figure.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones