1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

RSS feed

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by RyanB, Dec 27, 2011.

1. RyanB

RyanB Guest

I just landed a GNex for Christmas (Woo Hoo, loving it so far!), and I slapped Nova launcher on it in fairly short order. Unfortunately, my new launcher of choice doesn't seem to support scrolling widgets, and I'm hoping to find a suitable replacement until the launcher supports scrolling widgets, or I find a comparable launcher that works well w/ ICS that supports this feature.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. foo

foo Android Enthusiast

3. RyanB

RyanB Guest

Yeah, I think I posted in your other thread, only my solution (use ADW) suggested at the time doesn't really fit with what I'm looking to do. :( I'll give it a look and see. Thanks dude.

foo likes this.
  4. RyanB

RyanB Guest

foo likes this.
  5. foo

foo Android Enthusiast

def worth trying out...thx man [​IMG]

6. RyanB

RyanB Guest

Be warned, the scrolling is choppier and setting up the feeds isn't as nice. That being said, it's a scrolling rss feed.

foo likes this.
  7. RyanB

RyanB Guest

I found a couple if things regarding my beloved Scrollable News Widget. First, in the Dec's own thread over at XDA, he apologized for neglecting it, and opened up the source code: I read that as abandonment. Second, I did find a *close* replacement though (MUCH better than what I found and posted about before). https://market.android.com/details?id=org.koxx.pure_news. It'll cost, but it's a pretty decent substitute for what was a great widget.

8. foo

foo Android Enthusiast

Thanks Ryan..

It works on your GNex w/ ICS ?

there's a review that says (from 12/20/2011):
    "scrolling doesn't work on ICS, severely limiting usefulness."

can you confirm or deny that?

9. RyanB

RyanB Guest

I'm using Nova Launcher, and it scrolls just fine. If that's not satisfactory, post back and I'll load it up stock, and test it there.

10. RyanB

RyanB Guest

Incidentally, my GNex is stock OS.

11. foo

foo Android Enthusiast

Cool. Ya I recently moved to nova (wow it has improved!)
    Will try it out. Thx again

12. RyanB

RyanB Guest

No worries dude. I like how it imports from Google reader, as I find that to be a wicked easy setup. I've emailed the Dev about adding colors to individual feeds, so hopefully that'll come soon; currently it's only color per widget, so your kind of stuck if you want multiple colors to coincide with multiple feeds, scrolling within the same widget. If that's how you roll (scroll?), get ahold of him and let him know. More demand increases the likelihood that it's added.

13. jcolt

jcolt Newbie

AtomaRSS is a good scrollable RSS widget. Works on Nova launcher and has the ability to backup and restore settings. Available in the market.

foo likes this.
  14. RyanB

RyanB Guest

Yeah, I tried that one first, but found the setup was far from smooth, and the scrolling was much to choppy for my liking. Thanks for the tip though.

foo likes this.
  15. jcolt

jcolt Newbie

Suggest trying it again because it used to be this way Running Nova and it very fluid. Set up is not tthe best but with the save restorw you never need to do again even if you remove widget. Using this on galaxy with nova and zoom with adw ex and now issues at aall

16. RyanB

RyanB Guest

I would, if I hadn't already paid for (and like) Pure News Widget. With it, I can set up my feed in Google Reader (in essence from anywhere), so it'll sync with that. I also get more control over the colors, and can export the settings as well.

17. jcolt

jcolt Newbie

Cannot go wrong with Pure and the dev is great super responsive. Have u tried his pure messenger app? Great scrollable widget for email, SMS, calls, etc. Highly recommend it

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews