1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Rugby pro lagggging, like a pro!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by River Dweller, Nov 22, 2015.

1. River Dweller

River Dweller Lurker
    None

Nov 22, 2015
    Female
    I'm so sorry, new to this forum.
    My husband has an AT&T samsung galaxy rugby pro sgh-1547, android version 4.1.2 softwear is up to date.
    Ok, this "pro" aside from the need to shut down all the useless preinstalled apps every few hours (because at&t doesn't want us to have root access) the phone has crawled to a dial-up speed. I click on any icon, the screen sits there, goes black (this is where you have to restrain from clicking on anything) after way to long the app shows a gaint app button type screen then after enough time to find a new tv show, it may or may not open.
    You may want to know what he does with the phone, he waits. My husband knows he isn't tech savey, not a bit, so he gives me the thorn in my side phone to fix.
    I have removed all most every app he has installed, the residual files, transfured all that I can to his not full sdcard, loaded cheetah mobile 1 click boosters, "cm security" had to be removed, restarting 104 times before a warning came up so back to default app. The 1 click boosters help, for about 5 minutes, so he has to clicks them all day.
    I am so frustrated, I don't want to have to get in the habit of doing a factory reset every week like so many people that have the exact same problems, with no permanent fix. Locked into 2yr contract. This phone was/is a good one for him, with the otter box cover to top off the rugby pro's active life phone.
    This seems to be a wide spread problem and samsung should be doing a recall, this many people, on so many forums, can't all possibly be doing the same thing to create the lagging phones response to every tap.
    I am hoping that I have overlooked something cause this is getting so old!
    Please help, I want to hide the phone!
    Thanks for reading me!

Advertisement