1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Ruined my DInc2!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by grvthang, Apr 22, 2012.

1. grvthang

grvthang Android Enthusiast

In a hurry two nights ago, I got out of my car and tripped over the charging cable while it was plugged into my DInc2. This must have screwed up the charging port, because it won't charge now.

I went to Verizon this afternoon. They're going to send me a new one (I got it on Aug 1, so it's still under warranty). I'm not looking forward to re-installing 100+ apps, but I have no choice.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Android Expert

I'll bet you could knock that list down substantially. When I have factory reset, I have never put all the apps back that were on before. In fact, I bet I could uninstall 25% of what is installed right now.

Sucks about your phone, but glad to hear it's getting replaced. Not the outcome I expected when I saw the thread title.

3. TheAtheistReverend

TheAtheistReverend Anybody want a peanut?
    VIP Member

Also glad you are getting it replaced under warranty!
    Glad it's worth something.

4. valorian

valorian Android Expert

It's rather easy to re-install the apps. Just us a PC to login to your Play account. Go to the My Apps section. From there just start clicking install on the apps and wait for them all to finish installing.

grvthang and TheAtheistReverend like this.
  5. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Extreme Android User

Or restore them all from backup??

6. cmybliss

cmybliss Android Enthusiast

Glad you are getting a new one.

7. STeVe7320

STeVe7320 Well-Known Member

Appbrain Market is pretty useful too, as long as you keep a current app list.

8. grvthang

I didn't know you could do that. That's pretty cool.

I found that, if I angle my charger plug on my broken DInc2, I can get it to charge. I'm surprised they're letting me keep this one - I can use it to stream my itunes collection to my living room sound system (among other cool uses for a "decommisioned' android phone!).

9. valorian

valorian Android Expert

They're letting you keep the defective unit? Any unit my wife or I have needed to get replaced they require the defective sent back or get billed full purchase price. They even include a prepaid label to return the defective one.

10. grvthang

Oops - I guess I spoke too soon. I haven't gotten the replacement yet.

11. grvthang

I went to the Play site, and went to My Android Apps. It threw me for a loop for a minute -they have over 240 apps listed under My Android Apps, some of which I've never heard, let alone installed! It looks like they're trying to push these other apps on me (the ones that I actually have installed are marked "Installed", while the others just say "Install").

Got my replacement phone today. It looks brand-new, but it has a "Certified Like-New Replacement" sticker on it.
    I'm kinda pissed at myself for screwing up a phone that gave me no issues. I'm hoping this one is just as good.

12. grvthang

Man, that was easy! I thought it would just download them to my device and I would then need to click on "Install" for each one. You don't even need to do that - it downloads AND installs the apps for you. I had 70 apps re-installed in minutes.

This is great to use if you ever need to do a factory reset.

HTC Droid Incredible 2 Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible 2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1450mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews