• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rumor: NEW HTC SENCE ON DINC

The only thing in my mind driving me away from thinking we will get an update is simply this.

I had both the moto droid and the Eris and had them both while getting 2.1 OTA. Eris said 2.1 ... d1 said 2.1update-1.. d1 got 2.2.
if it said 2.2update-1 Id be inclined to belie we have updates coming. with just the 2.2 I think this is what the phone will be left with.

Upvote 0
The only thing in my mind driving me away from thinking we will get an update is simply this.

I had both the moto droid and the Eris and had them both while getting 2.1 OTA. Eris said 2.1 ... d1 said 2.1update-1.. d1 got 2.2.
if it said 2.2update-1 Id be inclined to belie we have updates coming. with just the 2.2 I think this is what the phone will be left with.

The update-1 means there has been 1 minor update after the full OS version release. So, in the case of the Incredible, 2.1update-1 was the fix for exchange shortly after launch. The only reason we do not have 2.2update-1 is because there has not been a patch/fix/update after the release of 2.2. It has nothing at all to do with future updates.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones