• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Rumor] Sprint phones would be allowed on Boost Mobile

I pity the fool who said boost mobile is 2 years old

Found this too: http://www.prepaidreviews.com/blog/...le-will-start-activating-sprint-phones-36506/

Does that mean the blackberry bold will work?
epu2yva9.jpg

Upvote 0
Don't do it. Boost has flipped on its Android customers. Read the 2 threads in this section about it my "Boost can kiss off" or the "October ToS..." threads.

Back to the point there is an industry software called Houdini that allows carriers to flash a phone with a good ESN to a different carrier.

Cricketand Metro sellers do it. Not all so you have to ask and know what to ask.

Upvote 0
Don't do it. Boost has flipped on its Android customers. Read the 2 threads in this section about it my "Boost can kiss off" or the "October ToS..." threads.

Back to the point there is an industry software called Houdini that allows carriers to flash a phone with a good ESN to a different carrier.

Cricketand Metro sellers do it. Not all so you have to ask and know what to ask.

I personally think you're being a bit fanatical about this whole ToS change. I would actually go into the other threads to explain why you're over reacting to, and simply misunderstanding the ToS, but I doubt your mind can be changed anyways.

Upvote 0
This is not a rumor, it is confirmed to happen. I work in a boost store, we recieved the "How to activate a Sprint phone to Boost" kit. All of this should be rolling out within a week.

I'm learning a valuable lesson in how to be patient. I only flashed my Sprint phones last spring. If I had just waited, I could have done this through the store. :mad:

Do you know what Boost will charge?

Upvote 0

Metro doesn't do that anymore.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones