• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rumored Epic 4G 2

The leaks are test builds for the official release...
I mean the OFFICIAL Gingerbread.

And yes, no gs2 with keyboard, no sale. Incremental processor upgrade and would imagine samoled+ are not enough of an upgrade. I'd need a better keyboard layout (lose the redundant capacitive buttons and stagger the spacing withgrippier raised keys), improve the build and make it more svelte. Then I might consider it. Well, as long as it's cheaper than the dual core slates since it's premium status is a bit compromised.

Though I might be moving thecompany to tmob. $6k cheaper per year and free wifi calling (we spend a lot of time in signal challenged hospitals with free wifi) with grandfathered pricing whn he merger goes through. Tough to not pursue. I hear there's going to be a 4+" G2 replacement too (not the 4g slide).

Upvote 0
I think Da-Don was referring to a slider G2x coming to T-mo. I haven't heard of an LG slider coming to T-Mo. Things seem to be pretty tight lipped. I tried to glean info on the T-mo forum here and just got met with they typical keyboards suck, learn to type on screen crap. People just have no clue.

And the rumor for sprint was a g2x slider. And I'd say I don't see the point of having the Epic 2 and g2x slider (outside of the dual core upgrade), but there will be the Evo2, Evo3d, SGS2 and Moto Photon for 4+" slates. If that doesn't spell some sort of redundant, I don't know what does. So two 4" sliders isn't bad. I just want to see a 4" slider come to T-mo so I can safely switch without fear of getting screwed on the phones my people want. Great to save $6k/yr, but not if I have to listen to people bitch about their phones all the time.

Upvote 0
I just want to see a 4" slider come to T-mo so I can safely switch without fear of getting screwed on the phones my people want. Great to save $6k/yr, but not if I have to listen to people bitch about their phones all the time.

You must be a very benevolent dictator. For that kind of savings I would switch them to phones that are full of bubblegum.

Then when they complain I would tell them they're welcome to pay for there own, otherwise shut up and enjoy your gum.

Upvote 0
Well...I just manage it. It's not my dime. It's also a job requirement to have the phone wth us, at all times. So I'm trying to have them be as useful and productive as possible with them. As a whole, they hate on screen typing and they like larger screens. Jives with what I like and find most productive and they pretty much take my recommendations as gospel. And boy was the webOS honeymoon short lived. That pretty much killed my palm loyalty. So pretty much it's me that needs to be happy with the rest being trickle down. With the Epic 2 and g2x slider (hopefully), there are two sprint options for those still on old BB's, webOS and even a tp2. Crossing my fingers s I think i'd be fun to deal with the ease of sim card plug and play to check out new phones.

Upvote 0
The leaks are test builds for the official release...

And yes, no gs2 with keyboard, no sale. Incremental processor upgrade and would imagine samoled+ are not enough of an upgrade. I'd need a better keyboard layout (lose the redundant capacitive buttons and stagger the spacing withgrippier raised keys), improve the build and make it more svelte. Then I might consider it. Well, as long as it's cheaper than the dual core slates since it's premium status is a bit compromised.

Though I might be moving thecompany to tmob. $6k cheaper per year and free wifi calling (we spend a lot of time in signal challenged hospitals with free wifi) with grandfathered pricing whn he merger goes through. Tough to not pursue. I hear there's going to be a 4+" G2 replacement too (not the 4g slide).

You mean IF the merger goes through.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
The new rumors are that it's called the Nexus Prime and is made by Samsung and has a "Super Amoled HD" (Super Amoled with 720p display) and TI OMAP Processor.

Google's first Ice Cream Sandwich phone to be manufactured by Samsung, possibly dubbed 'Nexus Prime'

The LG one might still be true though because that article also mentions that Google was working with multiple manufacturers and carrier making it sound like each carrier might receive a unique phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones