• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rumored release date/pricing info.

I just checked Amazonwireless. They don't have it in stock for a few more days, but they have it listed for $190..may be able to price match that! Screen capture below:

(sorry but can't attach it on my iPhone...but you can check it online too)

Best buy will only match brick and mortar stores within 6 miles that verify the price and on hand availability and price over the phone

Upvote 0
It's $149 in all the AT&T stores here in NJ. Not even a "sale" just the regular price with contract. It's also $149 online from ATT (at least with 07036 ZIP). You have to click on the original page and when it takes you to detailed page it shows $149 after some hokey "online" deductions. Haven't checked BB or Wal-Mart stores.

Maybe it's only $149 in NON-LTE areas?

Upvote 0
ok this is some weird shit... Ok last night at like 1am I went on att website from my fiance apt and it said $249.99 - $100 online discount making it $149.99 so this afternoon i called best buy and ask them if they would meet att website, and they were like let me check, i guess it was case by case or manager decision, but they were like att site has it for $249.99... so I am guessing some sort of cookie or glitch, idk... Anyways I went to my house and checked att website from there, i got the same shit $249.99 no discount, so i figured oh well BB is not going to meet the price, but I know they will probably meet walmart price (199.99). Well I got the skyrocket @ $199.99 w/ price match... Well i just got home to my fiance apt and guess what, att still has it listed for $149.99...very weird, same zip code each time...

Upvote 0
i got it for 149.99 in DFW at Best Buy via price match. AT&T's website (through the online ordering system) gave me a $149.99 price. i took that price to BB, who matched it.

Hmm...I can't get it to do that (I used to live in DFW, so I used a Zip from there...)

What zip did you use? So far none of the ones that I've tried have dropped the price to the 149.99 price (i've tried them from AZ, NJ, DC/MD/VA etc...)

Upvote 0
Thats what I'm thinking I'll have to do if I want it for less than $250.

Though Walmart no longer lists the price online at all... Glad I have a screen capture from yesterday...

You have to add it to your cart.

Also...call best buy rewards and ask them to honor the current online only mobile rewards offer...$100 in certificates.

I have not done so yet but have in the past

Reactions: jslanger
Upvote 0
Hmm...I can't get it to do that (I used to live in DFW, so I used a Zip from there...)

What zip did you use? So far none of the ones that I've tried have dropped the price to the 149.99 price (i've tried them from AZ, NJ, DC/MD/VA etc...)

my AT&T account is actually billed to an Oklahoma address, so maybe that's why i got the $149.99 price.

i'm usually not a best buy fan, but i'm glad i bought it from there. the buy back program actually makes some sense for cell phones. add in the $149 price, and it was a no-brainer.

Upvote 0
I had BB price match the $199 price of Radio Shack. I didn't ask BB about the Reward Zone offer of certificates, however I also didn't see the Skyrocket offered on the Reward Zone phone site.

Any reason to go through BB instead of Radioshack? I have only previously purchased through a corporate store before. I know there are some strings attached to buying from these resellers, such as higher ETFs and limited return ability.

Thanks!

Upvote 0
Any reason to go through BB instead of Radioshack? I have only previously purchased through a corporate store before. I know there are some strings attached to buying from these resellers, such as higher ETFs and limited return ability.

Thanks!

i am guessing convenience, easy return process, also they offer warranty $10 a month which i picked up for a month or two, till I get use to the phone, don't want any new phone fumbles not covered..

Upvote 0
I wasn't sure Radio Shack actually had it in the store, but their website reported the $199 price. Since I couldn't seem to come up with any of the $149 goodness, I at least wanted $199.
My local BB usually takes good care of me. That can't be said for all, I have had some bad experiences too. With that being said, I have had both good and bad experiences at ATT corp stores too.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones