1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Run any version of youtube on tv box.

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by piazzolla, Jan 25, 2021.

1. piazzolla

piazzolla Lurker

I have a TV BOX with 1 GB of Ram. The Youtube app worked smoothly and quickly with an old version. Now when I open it it tells me to update it and does not let me use it. Is there a way to make any version of youtube work on my TV BOX? Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Probably not. Not unless you can find some of upgrading the Android version it's running, that is supported by the current YT app. YT may still work in the device's web browser though?

ocnbrze and Dannydet like this.
  3. piazzolla

piazzolla Lurker

Sorry I don't understand English (I'm Italian). It seems to me that you asked me if I can make youtube work in the browser (eg. Chrome or Firefox). Yes, but video playback jerks and is slow to start.

4. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Quite frankly I don't think you're going to be able to anything with that slow, and no longer unsupported box you've got. And you'll need to replace it with a new and supported one. It's not just the 1GB RAM, it's also very likely got a rather slow CPU in it.

FWIW I bought a new T95 Android 10 TV box a few months ago, and I'm very happy with it, YT looks great in full 1080p HD.

Dannydet likes this.
  5. piazzolla

piazzolla Lurker

Sorry, could this (https://www.ebay.it/itm/X96-mini-Sm...834326?hash=item23b8a76856:g:u~QAAOSwxNBckURS) be a good buy? Thanks

6. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

why not just update YT? or did you and now the new version does not work? i'm not sure i understand what's going on.

7. piazzolla

piazzolla Lurker

if I update YT, it updates me to the latest version and this is too heavy for my tv box; it would go even slower!

8. mikedt

mikedt 你好

For that one, the description actually states Android 7.12, which may go out of support sooner or later. So does it come with Android 7.12 or Android 10? Other than what's in the (Italian) Ebay description, I don't know anything about that box.

The TV box I've got is the T95, 64GB version.
    https://www.ebay.it/itm/T95-Smart-T...789444?hash=item2651a90844:g:zYMAAOSwjVtf1nfv
    However the vendor is in China, which for me was no problem as I'm also in China.

And I can confirm it does have Android 10, and YouTube etc.
    From my TV:
    IMG_20201023_201357.jpg

#8 mikedt, Jan 26, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2021
  9. piazzolla

piazzolla Lurker

Blessed are you who live in China. Here in Italy your Box costs about € 50, the one I showed you, half!

10. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Unfortunately I can't do anything about shipping costs, EU import duty, sales tax, etc.