• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Run apps on your PC/Mac

Fuzzy13

Extreme Android User
Dec 8, 2011
A-T-L-A-N-T-A
A program like this.

Run any Android app directly on your PC. During my app modding and building, I've always thought that it would be so much easier to test the app out on a PC instead of going through all the trouble of putting it on your phone only to find out you gotta run your back up, re install, etc.......if your phone fails to boot, boot loop, etc....

So excited to find this I had to share with someone and who better than my Esteem family. :D

How to run any Android App on your Windows/Mac computer ? [Tutorial] | YouMobile

Sorry if this is old. I tend to stay behind the times :D

Happy New Year L, SU, GB, Pnizzle, PG, nutt and to the rest of AF. :D

I never found it hard to install a app to try it out n then uninstall it if I didnt like it lol

Mainly talking about problems that would cause the phone not to boot or throw it into boot loop. Plus it just saves time from having to transfer to the phone, install it, reboot, uninstall, reboot, etc.....

Since you are here, I've tried using the SDK but got impatient with it and gave up after several hours of playing with it. Say i'm modifying the power menu reboot options, is there a way to make the xml and smali changes and view the changes all on a computer. Say I'm adding a screenshot option to the power menu, is there a way to build it all on a computer and view it to see if it works before pushing the system files to the phone? Make sense? I've read you can run a virtual environment through the SDK but after I couldn't figure it out. Any info in that genius head of yours you'd be willing to share? :D

Upvote 0
Mainly talking about problems that would cause the phone not to boot or throw it into boot loop. Plus it just saves time from having to transfer to the phone, install it, reboot, uninstall, reboot, etc.....

Since you are here, I've tried using the SDK but got impatient with it and gave up after several hours of playing with it. Say i'm modifying the power menu reboot options, is there a way to make the xml and smali changes and view the changes all on a computer. Say I'm adding a screenshot option to the power menu, is there a way to build it all on a computer and view it to see if it works before pushing the system files to the phone? Make sense? I've read you can run a virtual environment through the SDK but after I couldn't figure it out. Any info in that genius head of yours you'd be willing to share? :D

I believe so, cant remember the emulator i use long time ago when i had ics rom on my home screen but it was a phone ui, and i loaded my apks and stuff on it to test it out, before switching over to blue stacks. Once this drank wear off of me and my head gets clear, I will browse and see if i can find that emulater and virtual box. But you have to have SDK setup on your system.

Upvote 0
I believe so, cant remember the emulator i use long time ago when i had ics rom on my home screen but it was a phone ui, and i loaded my apks and stuff on it to test it out, before switching over to blue stacks. Once this drank wear off of me and my head gets clear, I will browse and see if i can find that emulater and virtual box. But you have to have SDK setup on your system.

Dude, if you can hook me up with some info on how to get it all set up that would be awesome. :D

Upvote 0
Dude, if you can hook me up with some info on how to get it all set up that would be awesome. :D

Good news bud, i had a old bookmark export from my other browser and geuss what i found?

runningemulator_lockscreen.png

ICS Rom for Virtual Box: Android 4.0 version

Source:

Code:
[URL="http://www.bobbychanblog.com/2011/07/faster-android-emulator-alternative-using-virtualbox/"]Faster Android Emulator Alternative - Using VirtualBox | Bobby Chan[/URL]
And for more cool add on:

Code:
http://mylinuxexplore.blogspot.com/2012/08/how-to-install-android-40-ics-in.html

Reactions: Fuzzy13
Upvote 0
Good news bud, i had a old bookmark export from my other browser and geuss what i found?

runningemulator_lockscreen.png

ICS Rom for Virtual Box: Android 4.0 version

Source:

Code:
[URL="http://www.bobbychanblog.com/2011/07/faster-android-emulator-alternative-using-virtualbox/"]Faster Android Emulator Alternative - Using VirtualBox | Bobby Chan[/URL]
And for more cool add on:

Code:
http://mylinuxexplore.blogspot.com/2012/08/how-to-install-android-40-ics-in.html

Dude you are the man. Can't wait to try it out. Thanks a million homie ;)

Reactions: nuttmeg
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones