1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Runaway Process?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by AllThingsPure, Nov 24, 2011.

1. AllThingsPure

AllThingsPure Well-Known Member
    None

Brand new Note. Charged it fully for the first time. Played with it for 20 minutes. Installed only one app, Jewels. Unit was hot, thought it was the charging. Went to bed. Woke up six hours later, phone was hot! Battery has only 40% left. Checked and found Android OS used 92% of it. What could be the runaway process?

Switched it off and then on again. Appears to be ok now.

How to prevent such silent killers in future?

Thanks.

PS:Submitted this from my Note. Having a tough time. Despite my big screen the text input box appears to be hard-coded in width.

Advertisement

2. theelo

theelo Newbie
    None

Nov 22, 2011
    Romania
    What's weird. There are three ways for the phone to get hot: when charging, when in use or when something's wrong with it.

92% is the percent from the discharge consumed by the process, not from the whole capacity of the battery. That Jewel game sounds to be the culprit. You can try that again to verify the theory.

Glad to hear it's ok now. You can use the task manager to close all running applications (or check if are some open or running) and also to clear the ram. I do it every time I use the phone. It's annoying but saves battery power.

AllThingsPure likes this.
  3. AllThingsPure

AllThingsPure Well-Known Member
    None

Thanks. I installed an app, Cool Tool from Deviant Studio, which allows a CPU graph to be permanently displayed. Now I can have some awareness should the CPU be loaded.

[​IMG]