1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Runing out of memory!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Kal, Aug 14, 2010.

1. Kal

Kal Member

May 2, 2010
    Guys quick question,

Earlier today I got an icon in my notification bar that said your phone is getting low on memory. I thought it was weird because I barely have many apps, and all my pictures and videos are being saved in my SD card. I decided to delete some of the few apps that I have to clean it up and then restarted, same thing.

Now about 20 minutes ago I got a second notification that said phone memory is at the end of capacity. I go under settings and I have plenty of room on storage, internal memory and SD card, no matter what I do the two icons will not go away. Any ideas?

Advertisement

2. scottph3

scottph3 New Member

Aug 15, 2010
    I had the same issue and called Verizon to ask for advice and the guy was no help whatsoever. I scrolled all my apps and noticed that my Contacts was at 100 MBs. I found out that when I linked my Facebook to my contacts it downloaded a pic and contact info for all 900 of my Facebook friends which I did not want. I deleted all my contacts and then reloaded without the Facebook Sync and the message went away. Without the FB sync my contacts run about 3-4 MBs.

3. Kal

Kal Member

May 2, 2010
    Thank you for the advice, I will try that and see if it works. Now I realized I can't even text because I get a message "delete files memory full".

UPDATE: tried that and still no fix, I'm taking the phone to the verizon store tomorrow.

4. mpcc

mpcc Member

Aug 11, 2010
    just fyi, verizon store will probably tell you to do a hard reset...which i doubt you want to do

in my experience they have been less than helpful than anyone on the board here or just doing a google search

they are reading from a manual and just following a set of steps for fixes of known issues or common issues; when it comes to things they haven't heard of, they deny it's a problem (like Issue 1597 - android - browser crash possibly related to invalid SSL certificate - Project Hosting on Google Code), ie "that's not one of our known bugs so it's probably some software you downloaded" or tell you you need to do a hard reset

5. Rosey

Rosey New Member

Aug 17, 2010
    HS Librarian
    SF Bay Area
    I have the same problem. I suspect when I tried to sync my email account I inadvertently either copied all my files onto the Droid or at least all the photos. When I try to look at the memory card I don't recognize the files that it lists. Suggestions?