• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Running A500 while charging = epic fail!

PeteDee

Nov 15, 2010
I would like to be able to mount my A500 in my car and run mapping software on the move so being able to run it while attached to power seemed like a good idea, sadly though when I turn it on still attached to power the screen starts to flicker and randomly adds icons to the current screen until all blank spots are filled and maybe more. I have not tried it with a car adapter yet just with the stupid very short corded house power adapter.

It also does a similar thing when the keyboard is open and randomly enters keyboard hits.

Is my unit faulty or is this an undocumented feature. Either way I an not very happy.

Anyone seen this sort of instability?

I will try and get a video of it later and post if I can.

Cheers

Pete

How long have you had the a500? What was the revision when you got it?
Update? What update? From what to what?

Hi,

I have had my Iconia Tab A500 since it first launched April 2011.
So I have been using Honeycomb 3.0
Now it has been updated to Honeycomb 3.01 (May 2011)
Next month (late June 2011) it will be updated to Honeycomb 3.1

Have a look here for the revision history.

cheers :)

Upvote 0
Yeah. That's weird stuff going on. I use mine on the charger all the time when I'm developing android apps. Didn't have a problem on version 1.104.02 and don't have a problem on 1.141.07. Glad it's working for you now. I would have taken it back at the first sign of that problem, but maybe it was an issue of whatever version it was on prior to your update.

Upvote 0
Yeah. That's weird stuff going on. I use mine on the charger all the time when I'm developing android apps. Didn't have a problem on version 1.104.02 and don't have a problem on 1.141.07. Glad it's working for you now. I would have taken it back at the first sign of that problem, but maybe it was an issue of whatever version it was on prior to your update.

I did but stupid me could not show them in the shop this random behaviour.

Doh!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones