1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Running App's from SD card

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Shimmy_69, Apr 15, 2011.

1. Shimmy_69

Shimmy_69 Newbie
    None

Dec 28, 2010
    So with 2.2 I am now prompted to move app's to my SD card when I install or update them, so I did this with a couple app's, and well, the icons were no longer available and I could not figure out a way to run them from the SD card.

So my question is, can they be run fromthe SD card and if so....where do I find the app icons??

Thank much for your help!!

Shimmy

p.s. Not very happy with 2.2, my phone is very unstable since the upgrade. Locks up, drops calls, app's crash and I am presented with a 'force close' option...ugh

Advertisement

2. USCellularAndroid

USCellularAndroid Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 19, 2010
    Sales
    Wisconsin
    The apps running from the SD Card (and being able to place on a home screen), depends on how the programmer wrote the application. Basically every application is made differently, so only some apps work on the SD card, and others have problems once they are moved to the SD card.

The force close option could be many things. I have seen a lot of people with problems regarding the "stock weather analog clock widget" after the update. I advice a better clock from the market, and normally the force close problem goes away. Not the best solution, but it works.