1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

running apps?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by lovelylola, May 10, 2012.

1. lovelylola

lovelylola Lurker
    None

May 10, 2012
    hiya, i bought a samsung galaxy ace 2 days ago and installed facebook and whats app, to get out of these i just press the back button but the apps are still running, facebook has been on for 12 hours, is this right? and will it use all my internet allowence? any help much appreciated :)

Advertisement

2. ArmageddonX

ArmageddonX Android Expert
    None

May 12, 2011
    Male
    Stay at home Dad
    Arizona, USA
    I might occasionally use some background data but it's nothing to worry about. You can set your phone to not use background data in Settings or simply turn off your Mobile Data when you are not using the Apps.

The Apps being open in the background are not using any additional battery or anything like that. The way Android works is by "Bookmarking" the Application in the background so if you want to run it again soon it's ready to be used. Think of it like minimizing a window in Windows 7.

~ ArmyX

lovelylola likes this.
  3. valorian

valorian Android Expert
    None

Feb 15, 2011
    Male
    Northern Illinois
    I just want to add then some apps will remain in the background if the back button is used to exit. Some apps will not stay in background if you select Close or Exit from the app menu. Facebook however might stay in the background so it can still pull over notifications or to sync contacts if you have it setup to do that.

lovelylola likes this.
  4. ArmageddonX

ArmageddonX Android Expert
    None

May 12, 2011
    Male
    Stay at home Dad
    Arizona, USA
    Yes, that is true. Even if you disable Facebook notifications it will remain open in the background. Some Apps just do that. =\

~ ArmyX

lovelylola likes this.