• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

running apps?

lovelylola

Lurker
May 10, 2012
hiya, i bought a samsung galaxy ace 2 days ago and installed facebook and whats app, to get out of these i just press the back button but the apps are still running, facebook has been on for 12 hours, is this right? and will it use all my internet allowence? any help much appreciated :)

I might occasionally use some background data but it's nothing to worry about. You can set your phone to not use background data in Settings or simply turn off your Mobile Data when you are not using the Apps.

The Apps being open in the background are not using any additional battery or anything like that. The way Android works is by "Bookmarking" the Application in the background so if you want to run it again soon it's ready to be used. Think of it like minimizing a window in Windows 7.

~ ArmyX

Reactions: lovelylola
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones