• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Running background apps.....

Heck been on this blasted cellphone, for now ongoing techincally two years now, but there is a lot of issues with it when the backgground apps keep popping up though. Greastest thing about it, I can hush them up, by an app called Focusbot that is a beta app on the google play, cost nothing and have those annoying messages on by. They can block anything :)

Still the top notification bar is really dumb to have everything up there, wish they could of made the phone like the desktop moveable - virtually free from anchors.

Upvote 0
Moody : Its okay dear, do not worry about it, my thread does come into fruitation and, really love to talk with anything with you :)
Not a problem buddy, we are friends right? "And friends help out one another."
Thanks, love. It just dawned on me last night that I'd completely hijacked your thread--something I usually try not to do--and I felt badly about it. Thanks for your kind and reassuring words. :)

Even though my issue isn't what we started with, it may be informative to people popping in for a look. You just never know!

Upvote 0
Thanks, but...I'd done that already. It made no difference.

Maybe it's how your phone works, because if an app wants to stay active in the background without being killed by the system, it must be declared as administrator. Anything present in the recent apps list can be terminated either by battery saving apps or by the system.

Reactions: Milo Willamson
Upvote 0
Thanks, love. It just dawned on me last night that I'd completely hijacked your thread--something I usually try not to do--and I felt badly about it. Thanks for your kind and reassuring words. :)

Even though my issue isn't what we started with, it may be informative to people popping in for a look. You just never know!
And its me, I never act lower then what I am, love :)

Reactions: MoodyBlues
Upvote 0
Maybe it's how your phone works, because if an app wants to stay active in the background without being killed by the system, it must be declared as administrator. Anything present in the recent apps list can be terminated either by battery saving apps or by the system.
Tried that, hmmm... Could be different levels though, I even have all the background data off too.

Upvote 0
Tried that, hmmm... Could be different levels though, I even have all the background data off too.

As I mentioned in other thread, my LG G4 stock launcher has an interesting feature: you can pin an app to make it persistent in the recent apps list.

Maybe you should look for a third-party launcher that offer that feature.

Upvote 0
As I mentioned in other thread, my LG G4 stock launcher has an interesting feature: you can pin an app to make it persistent in the recent apps list.

Maybe you should look for a third-party launcher that offer that feature.
Tried ten to fifteen so far..

I get frustrated or even bored with one launcher, and move into the next.

Upvote 0
I'm just baffled. As I've said, my 4-year-old phone, with nowhere NEAR the new one's specs, keeps those same apps running AND in its recents list. OTOH, the wildly powerful new phone loses them...but as I keep saying, they're not closing, they're just disappearing from recents.

Upvote 0
Sorry it looks like I opened up a kettle of fish. I had the same problem with the first Sony phone I bought. Despite the fact that Sony had their own working version of doze, when Google forced it on everyone it stopped working. Honestly since then I've gone back to Samsung where I started. Easy to root and easy to download Boeflla :)

Upvote 0
Sorry it looks like I opened up a kettle of fish.
No worries. Damn, I hijacked the whole thread! :eek:
I had the same problem with the first Sony phone I bought. Despite the fact that Sony had their own working version of doze, when Google forced it on everyone it stopped working. Honestly since then I've gone back to Samsung where I started. Easy to root and easy to download Boeflla :)
I've stuck with Motorola from the beginning, and have zero complaints, really, other than this annoying "not actually closed, but not listed in recents" app issue. If I could just get that resolved, I'd be pleased as punch! (Whatever that means.) :)

Upvote 0
I'm just baffled. As I've said, my 4-year-old phone, with nowhere NEAR the new one's specs, keeps those same apps running AND in its recents list. OTOH, the wildly powerful new phone loses them...but as I keep saying, they're not closing, they're just disappearing from recents.

No worries. Damn, I hijacked the whole thread! :eek:

I've stuck with Motorola from the beginning, and have zero complaints, really, other than this annoying "not actually closed, but not listed in recents" app issue. If I could just get that resolved, I'd be pleased as punch! (Whatever that means.) :)

Honestly I'll have trouble explaining this one to you as I've been moaning about it for years and the majority think I'm a bit strange for even noticing it lol. So by not closing it and it closed itself after let's say 10 minutes when your phone went into doze? If so then sorry the only solution I found was to go back to what I've known and loved and root a Samsung and install Boeffla Doze Control :)

Upvote 0
And sorry I've got to say again. If I turn doze back on then I only lose 1 or 2% extra battery during 8 hours sleep. Wake up with 93% instead of 92%, what's the difference? So much better than not getting notifications at all I guess? But I'm sure Google would rather see your phone have 10 minutes more juice. Kinda glad I actually looked so I can save the apk when I change my phone.

Upvote 0
And sorry I've got to say again. If I turn doze back on then I only lose 1 or 2% extra battery during 8 hours sleep. Wake up with 93% instead of 92%, what's the difference? So much better than not getting notifications at all I guess? But I'm sure Google would rather see your phone have 10 minutes more juice. Kinda glad I actually looked so I can save the apk when I change my phone.
Save what, the apk?

Upvote 0
No I meant what does it stand for? Sorry for sounding so vauge.
I could pretend to be big and clever but honestly I could only remember A & P. All I could remember was Android Package. Gave up and Googled it instead and apparently it means Android Package. No idea what that K means lol

Upvote 0
I could pretend to be big and clever but honestly I could only remember A & P. All I could remember was Android Package. Gave up and Googled it instead and apparently it means Android Package. No idea what that K means lol

Oh that is right, i kindly renamed it something else hahahaaa XD

Upvote 0
I am a little lost by this thread. If the original question was to get rid of the Running in Background notification ,,, the manual steps in …

https://android-fix.com/android-errors/60-apps-running-in-the-background.html

… will remove the icon from the notification bar but the ere will be an entry in the drop down list. (The last step in the instructions does not seem to exist on the Moto Z2 Force,)

The most annoying aspect to me ,,, the icon ...was removed … I can live with what is left.

… Thom

Upvote 0
I am a little lost by this thread.
Ha ha, I'm so not surprised! It's veered so far off-course from its original question, it would lose anyone. :)

If the original question was to get rid of the Running in Background notification ,,, the manual steps in …

https://android-fix.com/android-errors/60-apps-running-in-the-background.html

… will remove the icon from the notification bar but the ere will be an entry in the drop down list. (The last step in the instructions does not seem to exist on the Moto Z2 Force,)

The most annoying aspect to me ,,, the icon ...was removed … I can live with what is left.

… Thom
Thanks. Unfortunately, as I stepped through its instructions, I found that I'd already done #1-6 and there is no #7 (as you noted) on the Moto Z² Force. So I'm back where I started. (I haven't looked at the app mentioned in the article yet.)

Reactions: Thom
Upvote 0
I didn't look at the app either. I don't plan to.

The rumor seems to be that it is corrected in 8.1. If Moto Z2 Force ever gets 8.1 is the question.

I do a lot of rwork with Tasker and originally thought the problem was Taker induced. It isn't.

There is a single line at the bottom of my dropdown list that I cannot get rid of.

The permeant icon in the notification bar is now gone. This is what I found to be most annoying.

I am waiting for 8.1.

… Thom

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones