• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Running Cooler

captainm27

Jun 8, 2010
Well, one of the "features" of Froyo is to charge the battery slower, to prevent the device from overheating, according to HTC. I've noticed (as I'm sure you all have) that just using the phone (3G Browsing, GPS) makes the device hot. The other day I was using my GPS without charging for 20 minutes and my battery reached 43 Celcius. 48 is the cut-off point when the phone stops accepting a charge if you were charging it.

Anyways, back to my point.... Are there any apps that can somehow make the phone work less hard in order to run cooler? I've tried using SetCPU, but I like to bump charge my phone, and everytime I reset my phone, SetCPU would forget all my settings and I'd have to tell it to "re-detect." Anyways, are there any other apps that can slow down the CPU to make the device not so hot? (Well, we all know this is one hot piece of technology!)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones