• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

: Running CyanogenMod 9 (ICS)... Holy Crap!!!

I just wanted to know what the status is on Cyanogenmod 9 or any other custom rom that will allow me to keep all of my phone's features, especially 4G. I am hoping someone can send me some download links for the ROM and instructions; so far I have not found any, just references to Skinny and nothing else.
I was also wondering if anyone could help me with a profile update issue. I recently backed up SprintID with Titanium Backup and uninstalled the program and found out I can't update my phone's profile. I can still update the PRL but not my profile, which I cannot tell is a big deal or not; when I tried to restore SprintID I could not find the backup on the internal storage or the SD card. Any advice would be appreciated, thank you.

Upvote 0
PhotonSnake, I am wondering the same thing. I just bought it and have already rooted it but am wondering if it's worth the trouble to unlock the bootloader - decided against it when I learned no 4g. Hoping for an update. Also, can someone explain what this "SprintID" is, I moved from an Evo to this and it's kind of new.

Besides Rocko, can someone throw me a link to a list of the few and far between roms that don't require a bootloader unlock?

Finally, is there any modules out that allow me to overclock this Photon without flashing a new Rom?

Thanks to those that help.

Upvote 0
PhotonSnake, I am wondering the same thing. I just bought it and have already rooted it but am wondering if it's worth the trouble to unlock the bootloader - decided against it when I learned no 4g. Hoping for an update. Also, can someone explain what this "SprintID" is, I moved from an Evo to this and it's kind of new.

Besides Rocko, can someone throw me a link to a list of the few and far between roms that don't require a bootloader unlock?

Finally, is there any modules out that allow me to overclock this Photon without flashing a new Rom?

SPRINT ID is just a bunch of pre-grouped apps from the MARKET,based on preferences/interests.

I believe it's geared toward those who are new to ANDROID & it's just something to make the experience a bit simpler.

Most see this as unnecessary, or, to be more blunt, BLOATWARE.
I used to have this opinion, especially on weaker devices that could use the extra memory & resources allocated to something else.
However, this phone has plenty of power & memory to handle the extra SPRINTWARE w/o affecting overall performance of the phone to any measurable degree.

Upvote 0

There should be a sticky on xda for roms. The only way to overclock though requires a custom kernel and unlocked bootloader unfortunately.

Upvote 0

I had the same problems finding live links to the "locked" roms -- but then I found this:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1575259
[MOD] DeBlur & Tune Almost ALL Rooted Android Motoblur Phones

Ran that on stock, locked and rooted, and I'm really pleased with the results.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones