1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Running programs and services

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dcobb, Mar 7, 2012.

1. dcobb

dcobb New Member

Mar 7, 2012
    I have programs running in the background that I want to permanently shut off. Out of curiosity, I started

Advertisement

2. xXchrizhurtyXx

xXchrizhurtyXx Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2012
    School
    Bronx NY
    dcobb likes this.
  3. dcobb

dcobb New Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Thanks, but that's not going to happen. I understand that many wish to root their phone, I do not. While I am technically able to do that, it is not an avenue I wish to take. Just now, looking at settings to see what has been using my battery, I see IMS Services is at 32%. That makes no sense to me since I am not using ANY IMS program. I just thought there should be a way to fix this things, but apparently theres is not.

4. Bushido_

Bushido_ New Member

Dec 24, 2012
    I had the exact same problem with my Galaxy Note 2. I turned it off, removed the battery, wait a minute, then put it back in and turned on. The IMS problem fixed and disappeared from the active list. I have no further explanation on why or how. I read all the threads and based my actions on how desktop computers behave. I thought it needed to forget what was running by removing the battery, it stopped whatever was lingering and giving it a fresh reboot . Hopeoit works for everyone. I was so close to factory reset and then rooting my phone.

Atma likes this.
  5. hypeasfruck

hypeasfruck Active Member

Sep 23, 2012
    Did you try freezing it in settings > applications > all tab... via the disable button?