• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Yeah I sort of feel like my Droid has slowed down now that I'm using Launch Pro Beta, also. Can't say for certain though, and I'm too lazy to uninstall to find out since I'd have to re-setup all my widgets afterwards. I do really like how slick Launcher Pro is, especially with the app drawer.

Hopefully FroYo is just around the corner and it will fix all of our problems forever. :D

Upvote 0
first of all are you on stock if so how many screens do you have ?? i have 5 screens with widgets and app icons all over and here are my settings runs fast and i love it

general settings: keep in memory
enable scrollable widgets
motorola droid hack---checked

homescreen settings
number of screens 5
defualt screen 3
enable trackball --unchecked

dock settings:
number of docks--1
dock notifications --all checked

behavior settings:
enable auto rotation--unchecked
homekey action--open/close screen preview
home key to default screen--checked

appreance:
dock background -froyo wide
show screen indicator--unchecked
hide notification bar---unchecked
home button app drawer--checked
hide icons labels--unchecked
disable wallpaper scroll=--unchecked

advanced settings:
5icon rows --unchecked
elastic scrolling --checked
high quality scrolling-unchecked
min scroll speed 37
use 3d drawer --unchecked
colums protrait 4
colums landscape 6
opening speed 6
screen preview opening speed 5

memory usage settings:
memory usage preset --moderate ( remember i have 5 screens with bunch of widgets)
use homescreen caches---checked
homescreen cashe type ---normal
build caches as needed ---check
clear caches on exit ---checked
prevent force closes--checked

Hope this helps man. Took me forever to figure some config settings as i was too having the same issue until i messed and messed with it till its now perfect

Upvote 0
that didnt seem to help

on your stock home screens do you still have any widgits? if you do that will slow you down, as it will try to update them whether launcher pro is the default or not, so delete them from your stock homescreen. Also you might try checking the cache on some of your programs, if there is alot there they will eat up alot of memory and slow it down. This happened to me a while back, and after talking to some people I looked in the cache for a few programs (Shopper, Dolphin browser) they were eating up a lot of memory in their cache. I cleared them and I have been fast as day one.

Upvote 0
on your stock home screens do you still have any widgits? if you do that will slow you down, as it will try to update them whether launcher pro is the default or not, so delete them from your stock homescreen. Also you might try checking the cache on some of your programs, if there is alot there they will eat up alot of memory and slow it down. This happened to me a while back, and after talking to some people I looked in the cache for a few programs (Shopper, Dolphin browser) they were eating up a lot of memory in their cache. I cleared them and I have been fast as day one.

thats it i bet makes sense. so how do i get rid of the widgets on the stock home page. how do i clear the cache still learning on this thing

Upvote 0
thats it i bet makes sense. so how do i get rid of the widgets on the stock home page. how do i clear the cache still learning on this thing

Its ok I had the same problem when I started! Also you can search the Launcher Pro and you can see that this problem is common.... though you might have to dig.

1. clear stock home screen widgets -
1. Goto settings>applications>manage applications> launcher pro
2. You will find a button that say clear defaults, select this and then press the home key (when you do it will ask which home you want and select home but don't check the use by default).
3. Now you should be on the stock home screen - just long press your widgets and drag them to the little trash can at the bottom. Don't worry this will not uninstall your apps. Good as golden. Just hit the home key again and select the use by default and check your speed! Step 2 might not be necessary, and can cause you to loose some info you want. Nothing detremental but if you have a reader on your Droid you might loose your place.

2. Clear cache -
1. Repeat step one above, but select the first item in your list.
2. There is a button to clear cache. PUSH IT!
3. Repeat for remainder of list. ( sorry I forgot to add this earlier.)

Now like I said this is usually used by the program to hold info; last song played, place in book, some of the browsers use it for web page storage (ofline content for faster page loading, passwords but I wouldn't save passwords on your phone;)), etc. Look at the program first and see if it's something that you want to leave, and or if it's enough to really worry about. If it's only a few hundred K I wouldn't bother, but if it's over 3 - 4 meg I'd clear it. This may be the long way, but it's the only way I know of at the moment. I'm still crawling out of my n00b status.

Reactions: deekum1627
Upvote 0
Go to settings>applications>manage applications

menu button>filter to all

Then just select an app and theres a button to clear cache. That screen will show how many MB the app uses and how many MB or KB's the apps cache is using.

The browser, applications such as Where and others similar will build up quite a bit of cache. But you'll also see others you wouldn't expect that have built up cache also.

I had never cleared cache before and when I rooted there are a few apps (cachecleaner, cachemate) that are a 'one press clear all' for cache and it cleared over 20mbs the first time I ran it.

Reactions: deekum1627
Upvote 0
I think there is one non-root cache cleaner. If you search the market for 'cache' its called Quick App Clean Cache, I think it costs around $1.

The clear all option is for root only, but based on the description it sounds like it is a quicker interface to individually clear the cache. I've never used the app so I can't tell ya if its any good. It does have 4.5 stars. All apps are refundable within 24 hrs.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones