• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Hi,

I had updated my SGS yesterday night through samsung kies 2.0 and done factory reset also. Everything is working perfectly after updation only one thing i have notice that my SGS is running slow little bit as compair to my earlier version (android 2.1).

Is that true or i am missing something? I came to know that the froyo is much faster then what i am doing wrong? please help if any suggestion.

Regards,
Indrajeet
Samsung Galaxy s GT-I9000

I understand that you don't want to void your warranty. That means you won't root it, apply a lagfix on it or flash a custom ROM. You won't even flash stock 2.2.1 with Odin. Right?
If this is the case, you'd better get used to it. Although I never used Eclair(2.1), all people who used it and upgraded to Froyo(2.2) said Froyo gets Flash, but phone is more laggy and slower.
I really don't know if 'fooling' the KIES using registry hack voids the warranty, but you might try to upgrade to 2.2.1. This is faster.

And tell us where you live so maybe we can help better. Because there are some countries that still use Eclair(Actually I doubt that) and there are some that use 2.2.1 version :) I heard that the UK had 2.2.1 official through KIES.

Upvote 0
I understand that you don't want to void your warranty. That means you won't root it, apply a lagfix on it or flash a custom ROM. You won't even flash stock 2.2.1 with Odin. Right?
If this is the case, you'd better get used to it. Although I never used Eclair(2.1), all people who used it and upgraded to Froyo(2.2) said Froyo gets Flash, but phone is more laggy and slower.
I really don't know if 'fooling' the KIES using registry hack voids the warranty, but you might try to upgrade to 2.2.1. This is faster.

And tell us where you live so maybe we can help better. Because there are some countries that still use Eclair(Actually I doubt that) and there are some that use 2.2.1 version :) I heard that the UK had 2.2.1 official through KIES.

I am from India please let me know step by step how to lagfix or give me the link if possible because i am not computer/software friendly. thanks a lot in advance.

Upvote 0
Ah, 2.2.1 isn't officially out for India, I think.
Lagfixing needs rooting, if I am not wrong. And that will void your warranty. Be aware of that.
If you agree all of these, I suggest you to install Darky's ROM. My phone was so laggy before I installed it and now my phone is flying.
But you have to know that this will void your warranty. Lagfixing it will void your warranty too.

So, do a factory reset, maybe wipe all the data, try to uninstall some apps that you don't use, use a lighter homescreen app(People like Zeam Launcher, LauncherPro, Go Launcher), and read some "How to increase performance" threads.

Tell me if you want to VOID YOUR WARRANTY or not, then we'll draw you a path to follow!

Upvote 0
I suggest you to install Darky ROM, which is located at [ODIN ROM] Darky's Resurrection Edition 9.2 | Darky's ROM . If you decide to install darky rom, get it at Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!
But if you wish to use a stock ROM, go to samfirmware.com and choose the one which is compatible to your phone.

Whatever ROM you decide to install, be sure that it is compatible to your phone, includes your desired language.
And be sure you have what is needed for flashing it. That means you need Odin, and PIT file. In samfirmware.com, it writes which PIT file to use. Be sure you can enter recovery and download modes. Some people can use download mode but cannot use recovery mode. So, try both before flashing.

If you have a question, ask before you flash the ROM.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones