• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Running the .588 build, how to get to the .595?

I can't manage to get my Droid X rooted. When I run z4Root it crashes, I've tried uninstalling it w/ no luck. Is there an update.zip file that I can use w/out having root?

if you followed the right steps to get to .588 your already rooted. Also Z4Root has never worked with any GB build nor will it ever.

Do you have the droid2 boot recovery? If so (DO A BACKUP FIRST)download the .595 zip and put it on your sd card, boot into recovery and install that zip.

after that your done.

Upvote 0
I can't manage to get my Droid X rooted. When I run z4Root it crashes, I've tried uninstalling it w/ no luck. Is there an update.zip file that I can use w/out having root?
Run Gingerbreak 1.2 to root

install Droid 2 Bootstrap

Flash the deodexed rooted .595 (don't use the odexed one unless you want a big chance of having boot loops)

You don't need to wipe data.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones