• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Running very warm after Android update

phonedroid

Nov 25, 2012
My Note 4 is running very warm to the touch after an android update and running down the battery at the rate of 25% per hour with a dark screen. When I'm not having this problem the battery life is outstanding. Any suggestions to trouble shoot the issue are appreciated.

Problem resolved.

I did a hard reset. The phone was back to normal at first so I added back my apps and the battery drain problem returned but this time the working processes list showed a bad actor. I deleted that app and the problem was resolved. I'm guessing it did not get along with the android update.

My recommendation for battery drain is uninstall apps one at a time starting with the least important. Before uninstalling each one ask yourself what valuable data it might have created, if any, and make sure it's backed up before proceeding. (Back up passwords and wifi settings manually. Google's claim to back those up automatically didn't work for me.) If the battery is still draining rapidly when that process is complete only then do the hard reset.. Then begin to reninstall apps starting with the most important and keep any eye on battery drain as you go.

I suspect the offending app for me was one called What's App which wants to run in the background .

Reactions: Daniel Fernandes
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones