1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root runnymede aio problems

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by evenstar2008, Jan 19, 2013.

1. evenstar2008

evenstar2008 Lurker
    None

Jan 15, 2013
    Male
    masseur
    hurghada-egypt
    hi everybody , peace upon you all ,
    i have htc desire (bravo) upgrated to 2.3gb runnymede-aio rom flashed , the rom is so nice and full of functions and stable but i noticed that :
    1) the battery life is too short
    2) the device became a little bit slow
    3) i can't install bootanimations
    4)i still have the zip file of the rom on my sd card can i delete it ?

thanks for help , wish you all more success and peace

Advertisement

2. Hadron

Hadron  
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    Hi evenstar2008, and welcome to AF :)

I can answer one of your questions: you can remove the zip from your SD if you want. :)

Speed and battery life may well just be the ROM - it's a port of the Sensation's ROM, so a bit heavier than most Desire ROMs. I can't say what's normal with that ROM as I've never used that type of ROM (I prefer lightweight ROMs without HTC Sense). It might be that a faster SD card would help slightly, since part of that ROM is presumably on a partition on the card. Or a different kernel might help, but you have to make sure it's a kernel that's compatible with the ROM - check the ROM's thread at XDA-developers, and don't install anything that you don't know is compatible with this precise ROM. Make a nandroid backup (a backup made from recovery) before you try to change the kernel, so that you can revert if it doesn't help (or doesn't work at all).

Different ROMs place bootanimations in different places, so it may be just that you need to put it somewhere else from where you did previously. I can't remember where the locations are though.

evenstar2008 likes this.
  3. nicka3200

nicka3200 Android Expert
    None

Dec 28, 2011
    Male
    UK
    I'm not familiar with your particular ROM but as a Sense 3.5 ROM it is ported from another, newer phone. Therefore it might not be optimised for the Desire so answer your questions in turn:

1) Newer devices have bigger batteries so it may well drain the Desire's poor little battery quite quickly.

2) Probably built for newer faster hardware.

3) That should just be a case of replacing the boot image in the ROM .zip file then reflashing it.

4) The phone doesn't need the zip file once it has been installed.

evenstar2008 likes this.
  4. evenstar2008

evenstar2008 Lurker
    None

Jan 15, 2013
    Male
    masseur
    hurghada-egypt
    dear hadron , i really appreciate your answer , now i am convinced that the rom is heavy for my device and i was thinking to install a lite ROM .
    anyway thanks a lot for help .

5. evenstar2008

evenstar2008 Lurker
    None

Jan 15, 2013
    Male
    masseur
    hurghada-egypt
    hi nicka , you are right also if i could resolve one of the problems that to find the right place to post the bootanimation and that cause i couldn't know that i must root explorer .
    which ROM you advice me for my desire ?
    thanks alot for help , wish you happy life and more success

6. nicka3200

nicka3200 Android Expert
    None

Dec 28, 2011
    Male
    UK
    It is difficult to recommend a ROM because people want different things. AOSP ROMs are certainly the lightest and the Mildwild ROMs are very popular right now. They are the only gingerbread ROMs currently being supported for the Desire.

I've tried quite a few gingerbread AOSP ROMs but I think Hadron has tried almost all of them at some point.

Tags: