• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not wasting my time. There is nothing wasted in laughing when people rush and then are screwed.

I am waiting for the 1st post saying "OMFG my phone is bricked, what to do?"!!!

How does it feel to be stuck on 2.1 and scared to update? I've been running this for over 10 hours now with no problems and everything working fine.

Upvote 0
HAHA, besides, it was an official pushed update that bricked phones. I'd say chances are pretty slim that will happen again. You have the same laughing sentiment for people who root and mod as well?

OOOH the exhilaration, living life on the edge! I loaded a HTC provided rom that just might be buggy. My name is Rick and I'm an adrenaline junky.

Upvote 0
I don't feel sorry for anyone that "rushed" to do this update. Remember what happened on the last one?

So, how does it feel to be a BETA TESTER??

If I were one, it would probably feel great.

Thanks for asking and kindly cease with the disinformation.

This is officially a Release Candidate.

It might - or might not - be the exact same package that rolls out next week.

Words mean things in software development and the levels of unit, integration, alpha and beta have meanings - as does Release Candidate.

And FWIW - every instruction I posted said in big letters that this update was "at risk" - as did so many others.

So - I think the big kids on the block knew exactly what they signed up for and are relieved that you're not suffering any grief on their behalf, but that's just my opinion.

In any case - you might want to be nicer to the people that have taken this path early just out of general principle.

They might know something by next week that you'll really, really need to know.

But, you do what you think is best.

Cheers!

Upvote 0
Why are so many people bothered by what others decide to do with their own phones? If you are too scared to take a chance on the company that made the freaking phone, don't hate on everyone else because they did.

Up to this point the unofficial releases for the evo have been more successful they the official ones.

Some of you guys may belong at apple where they tell you what you can do and when you can do it. This is android, home of rooting and customization, get over yourselves.

Upvote 0
<-- Is very bothered as he was not one of the lucky ones that got in on the new code =(

Any external linkage to code would be muchos appreciated
hey Doc, go here to the first post. It should help with getting the file as well as the instructions.

With that said, there is no need for this thread to remain open, cause like what was said previously, if anyone wants to take a chance doing the update that is up to them.

TS out

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones