• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root RUU Help

I am having a weird problem where my contacts and text messages take a very long time to load and I need to just wipe everything. I am currently S-OFF. The guide below does not mention anything special I need to do since S-OFF, but I was thought I remember seeing somewhere that I need to do something special.
Since you are S-OFF you can just run the RUU.exe from Windows without any prerequisites. If you have a custom hboot currently installed it may hang after flashing the stock bootloader, but should complete normally if you cancel the Windows task and restart it.

Once the RUU is successfully installed, you can flash a custom bootloader and recovery, then restore a nandroid or flash a rooted ROM. You may also want to upgrade your firmware to the OTA version or the one in the "fix everything" thread if that works better for you.

ramjet73

Reactions: vernave
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones