• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root RUU using supposed "Official" file but widgets missing.

mcnob

May 14, 2010
OK, I used the suggested official unbranded RUU from Shipped ROMS to restore my SIM-free and unbranded Desire to stock but it seems that there are various things missing. I have no email widget and there is no Mobile Network toggle widget under Settings>Power control (in fact, there are none of the usual toggle widgets in there). It just seems to be missing other things that I can't put my finger on as well.

I'm re-rooting to reset my battery stats anyway so can someone point me towards a file that is, without question, the right file for a UK unbranded and SIM-free Desire?

Need to send it back to HTC when I get my Desire HD so they can sort my overheating issue out prior to selling it.

Thanks for any help.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones