• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ?'s about selling a rooted prevail

timghorton

Dec 8, 2011
Hi I am planning on upgrading to a transform ultra in the next 2 weeks, so I am going to sell my prevail which is in great condition.

BUT......

here's my condrum, should I reload with odin FA19 normal, FA19 rooted w CWM or leave CM7 on it and just wipe my settings and info?

Thanks

Tim

Hi I am planning on upgrading to a transform ultra in the next 2 weeks, so I am going to sell my prevail which is in great condition.

BUT......

here's my condrum, should I reload with odin FA19 normal, FA19 rooted w CWM or leave CM7 on it and just wipe my settings and info?

Thanks

Tim

I would use FA19 Rooted over the unrooted version. You could probably get more money out of it that way. I wouldn't leave CM7 on it because your average consumer isn't gonna know what the hell CM7 is, or the benefits so you could possibly lose money. That's just my opinion though.

Reactions: timghorton
Upvote 0
... upgrading to a transform ultra in the next 2 weeks...
Transform Ultra? You sure? I own one. Haven't turned it on because I'll be damned before Boost gets a monthly $5 raise from me! But before I get distracted... The touch screen is a bit picky. Have you played with one?

Dont get me wrong. The physical keyboard is unbeatable... etc.

Upvote 0
I sold an LG Ally recently. Advertised it straight up as rooted, custom ROM etc. It was just a fun project but ended up with a large folder on my computer different ROMs, themes, tweaks, tutorials, troubleshooting, etc :)-) copied all of that on a USB memory stick and included it so they could change it or whatever. Also included 1 "fix" if they messed up. Anything after that they paid for my time. put it like this though you buy the phone you should be allowed to have full access to it

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones