• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

?'s about texting, 3G........

daisy007

Lurker
Dec 17, 2009
im new to this phone so bare with me on my ?'s LOL

1. Why wont my phone stay in 3G?

2. How can i forward a text message, like if i want to send it to an email?

3. Is there anyway to get T9? qwerty is a little confusing, but guess i will have to learn how.

4. I received a video text message but it wont play it.

:eek:

thats it for now, Thanks

1. Why wont my phone stay in 3G?

Your phone really is in 3G mode all the time but sometimes your phone doesn't need it or there is no coverage. 3G and 1X are used for different things.

2. How can i forward a text message, like if i want to send it to an email?

In the native message app, long press on the text that you want to forward (hold your finger down until you feel a little vibration) and then press "Forward".

3. Is there anyway to get T9? qwerty is a little confusing, but guess i will have to learn how.

You can't get T9 without any extra apps, though in due process you'll wonder why you ever wanted it again. I doubt there are many apps offering T9 anyways. Just get used to the QWERTY and you'll thank yourself later.

4. I received a video text message but it wont play it.

I'm not sure if there is native support for playing video outside of YouTube. Try downloading a video player app? Not sure about this one.

Upvote 0
I just got my Eris as well so I don't know a whole lot about it either but I'm willing to help.

1. Not sure, my phone wont stay on 3G either. It keeps dropping down to 1X and then reverting back to 3G. It does that throughout the day, a lot.

2. To Forward a message, just press and hold on the message in the messages list and a menu will pop up and one of the options is forward. Just enter an email address in the to: field and off you go.

3. When typing, press the options key on the keyboard, its the second button from the left corner along the bottom row, it looks like a small gear, and click on keyboard types. U have 3 options, QWERTY, Phone Keypad, and Compact QWERTY. Using Keypad, just shows the number pad just like on a regular phone.

4. Haven't got a video message yet so not sure on this one.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones