• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

S Health Samsung

Jore

Android Enthusiast
Feb 9, 2011
California
Anyone know if data with S Health can sync with other apps like MapMyFitness?

I currently use the Microsoft Band 2 and love the data it collects and integration it has with other apps but unfortunately looks like Microsoft is getting out of the fitness tracker business. They are going to still support it, but for who knows how long. I'm searching for a new fitness tracker and the only one that appears similar to the Band 2 is the Gear Fit 2. I'm just wondering if the Gear Fit 2 is good and if S Health integrates with MapMyFitness which is what I've used for year to track my outdoor activities and hate to leave it.

Any feedback on S Health and the Gear Fit 2 is appreciated.

SHealth does synch with other apps, Mine is set to communicate with Runkeeper and Strava, there are others as well. As for the GearFit2 I received one as a bonus with my S7Edge. The device has a beautiful display and pretty decent battery life. It monitors quite a bit, I have been somewhat disappointed by its accuracy - some times it is dead on, other times it can be off by 20%. It will passively track steps, heartbeat, floors(stairs) the app nudges you in you sit for too long ( 50 minutes) it tracks sleep in a rudimentary fashion.

I like to be "platform agnostic" with my data, I have found no way to download granular data - like you'd expect from a Garmin Connect software. I am just learning it now, so this by no means is an exhaustive review.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones