1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support S-Note templates - how to use?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dylane, Jan 8, 2013.

1. dylane

dylane Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 22, 2010
    Ok, so this is I'm sure a stupid question, but I haven't been able to figure out or find any mention of how to use the templates in S-Note? For instance, I'd like to use the format of the meeting note, but I don't want any of the fake notes that Samsung has used as an example, just the outline. How do I open a blank template?

Advertisement

2. stevenfstein

stevenfstein Member
    None

Oct 22, 2009
    as soon as I take the stylus out it opens up with a screen of blank templates (create note) or if I tap on the "list" view, all of my notes and the fake notes show up.

3. dylane

dylane Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 22, 2010
    Well I've turned off the automatic launch of S-note when the stylus is removed, since I use the stylus for way more than just S-note...but I still don't think that's it.

I'm not looking for simply a blank note. I'd like to use the templates, but have them open up without the extra info. For instance, if I'm using the "meeting note 2" template, I want the fields for date and time and attendees, but I want them to not be filled out yet, so that I can put in the info for the actual meeting. This seems blindingly obvious, but I can't seem to figure out how to clear that info out without manually deleting the info from each section separately. Which I don't think I should have to do every time I want to start a meeting.

4. stevenfstein

stevenfstein Member
    None

Oct 22, 2009
    I have it turned off also. When I take the stylus out a screen that says discover your inner creativity pops up and is to the right of my normal screen. The little dot page indicator looks like a little pen. I have the option of clicking on a note, idea note, meeting note (with no fields filled in) magazine, diary, recipe, travel, memo and birthday. All blank templates with pre-defined fields, some basic pictures, etc, but not the crap of the samples.

Best... Steve

5. lcneed

lcneed Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 12, 2012
    SoCal
    Select the "+" sign at the upper right corner
    Select Meeting Note

Is that what you want?

6. dylane

dylane Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 22, 2010
    Thanks Steve, appreciate your help. I'm getting a bit closer. I don't get any popup when removing the s-pen, but I found that if I launch S-Note and then click on the "+" and choose one of the templates, the fields aren't prefilled.

Now though I'm having trouble figuring out how to actually use the software. I can't figure out how to quickly jump between fields or place the cursor where I want if I'm typing or using the hand writing recognition. No matter where I write on the screen, it just puts it where ever the hw recognition box is, and I haven't figured out how to move this to another field. Can I tab between fields?

I expect that for most notes I'd want to use the keyboard for typing, but use the stylus to place the cursor and add inline figures where necessary. Do you know if this is possible?

Also, at the top of the note there is a red circle, that looks like a record button. I assume that this allows for audio recording of a meeting, which would be really handy, and when I press on the button it flashes like it is recording, but I haven't figured out where these recordings might be saved or how to play them back?

7. rabernet

rabernet Android Enthusiast
    None

Not sure if this answers your question, but long press in any field you want to populate to activate the field.

8. dylane

dylane Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 22, 2010
    Thanks. That is helpful and mostly answers my question. It would be nice to be able to tab through fields, but since you only have to set them once not too big of a deal that it is kind of slow.

Now my question is how to move the cursor within the note itself? Let's say I write some text, then add in a diagram, and want to add in text after the diagram? Long press doesn't seem to work, keyboard arrow keys don't seem to work.

Also, can I scroll when I'm in writing mode, or do I have to switch back and forth between writing mode and scroll mode to get around the page?

9. Mcnovice

Mcnovice Lurker
    None

Jan 17, 2013
    This is killing me too. I want to enter keyboard text then place it on top of a diagram but it only stays on the left on the screen. I can copy and cut but then I can't place it where I want even if I have saved to the clipboard.

Hellllllppppppp

Also is it possible to access the clipboard from the photo gallery so i can add something I have saved to a photo?

10. suzidownunder

suzidownunder Lurker
    None

Aug 23, 2012
    Female
    Sydney, Australia
    Quote : "I've turned off the automatic launch of S-note when the stylus is removed"

How do you do that? I would like to turn it ON so that S Note is launched when i remove the pen! :)

Thanks in advance

11. MISS DIVA

MISS DIVA Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 17, 2011
    Female
    West Sussex, UK

Settings,scroll down to Spen and click it. Select Open Pop Up Note

12. evohicks

evohicks Android Expert
    None

Jun 26, 2011
    Male
    Shropshire, UK
    Also a handy tip if you need a note to write quickly, take out the pen and while pressing the button on it, double tap the screen, a pop up note should appear, you can maximize this to a full note also.