• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root S-off achieved!!!! (Now available!!!)

Quick and easy:) took me 3 minutes.

u2e8ybev.jpg

Reactions: scotty85
Upvote 0
Nope. TWRP. 2.4.1.0. Have you RUU'd and gone to stock kernel?

Damn.. Same exact version too..

I know what I did wrong the first time, stupid mistake on my part putting soffbin3 zip in a sub folder. Everything worked fine, but since the final 3 commands didn't take, now I'm screwed with the error 99. Tried various ROMs, kernels, nandroids, nothing is working.

Got a couple things left to try before i get drastic, but it seems like everything I've read you basically get one shot and thats it.

Upvote 0
Damn.. Same exact version too..

I know what I did wrong the first time, stupid mistake on my part putting soffbin3 zip in a sub folder. Everything worked fine, but since the final 3 commands didn't take, now I'm screwed with the error 99. Tried various ROMs, kernels, nandroids, nothing is working.

Got a couple things left to try before i get drastic, but it seems like everything I've read you basically get one shot and thats it.

actually, a lot of people have succeeded just by re-doing it the same way upwards of 60 times. My friends DNA took 47 tries after he RUU'd back to stock. Finally stuck though. The DNA seems to have issues with things sticking.

I, for instance had a hell of a time re-unlocking a few days ago. Had to try 15 times before it took. Keep at it.

Upvote 0
actually, a lot of people have succeeded just by re-doing it the same way upwards of 60 times. My friends DNA took 47 tries after he RUU'd back to stock. Finally stuck though. The DNA seems to have issues with things sticking.

I, for instance had a hell of a time re-unlocking a few days ago. Had to try 15 times before it took. Keep at it.

I'm flashing a stock rooted ROM and ill get back at it.

Just want my s-off damnit! :banghead:

Upvote 0
Keep at it :) if you need more help go to IRC chat.andirc.net #FacePalm

they can help more than I can.

That IRC channel was such a cluster last night, just a bunch of people whining and complaining and JCase doing his best to help.. The method works obviously so I'm working through all the recommendations before RUU.

Thanks for the answers though, just trying to eliminate as many variables as possible. My first thought was Cubed kernel since it deletes some of the system files, but that doesn't seem to be an issue.

Anyway.. Flashing stock ROM now and just hammer on it for a while. :p

Upvote 0
That IRC channel was such a cluster last night, just a bunch of people whining and complaining and JCase doing his best to help.. The method works obviously so I'm working through all the recommendations before RUU.

Thanks for the answers though, just trying to eliminate as many variables as possible. My first thought was Cubed kernel since it deletes some of the system files, but that doesn't seem to be an issue.

Anyway.. Flashing stock ROM now and just hammer on it for a while. :p

Good luck:)

Upvote 0
sorry im a little late with this info,lol.. i turned s back on on my one s so i could have a go at it :eek:

i had all sorts of trouble with it as well. whenever i got error 99 instead of 92,i had to relock,and reunlock to make it work again.

i finally got it figured out as well,after flashing a custom rom that alot of folks were claiming having success on.

since you want to be relocked,you can follow along here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2157273

as soon as someone confirms the hex edit and zips to be safe,ill make up a thread here like ive done in other forums :smokingsomb:

Upvote 0
Glad to here you got it:D

What finally did it for you? spamming it or did you RUU?

I wanted to try everything before I relocked so..

Combination of a couple things, not sure exactly what did it, but I flashed a stock rooted ROM with no luck, changed my recovery to CWM, still no luck, made a backup of the stock ROM in CWM, full wipe, restored the backup and I got error 92 on the second try. Everything went fine from there. I think I woke my neighbor when 92 popped up. :D

Went back to TWRP and restored my original Viper/Cubed ROM, good to go! :beer:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones