• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root S-off after root and rom change?

sublime90712

Lurker
Apr 23, 2013
Hi!
My evo is currently rooted and I've changed the rom several times, now I'm thinking about doing the wire trick to s-off my phone. I've read the jbear guide and there are two things I am confused about. First, it says I need to be on a stock rooted rom with stock ruu, which I am unsure about how to get my phone into that state. And second, I read something about Linux Ubuntu, which I do not have and I was wondering if I need it to s-off my phone. Pretty much I'm just trying to find out how to s-off my evo ,which at the moment is rooted and using unsenseable rom. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

You can use a stock based rom like Harmonia for the s-off process, Unlimited used to support Windows but you can just download Ubuntu onto a flash drive or burn it to dvd, you can then live boot into Ubuntu without having to install it on your computer. Once you shut down it's as if you never had Linux running. :D
OB

Upvote 0
You can use a stock based rom like Harmonia for the s-off process, Unlimited used to support Windows but you can just download Ubuntu onto a flash drive or burn it to dvd, you can then live boot into Ubuntu without having to install it on your computer. Once you shut down it's as if you never had Linux running. :D
OB

unlimited what??? please explain...thank you

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones