1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

S-OFF and root ... all I need?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by deemutz, Apr 23, 2012.

1. deemutz

deemutz Lurker

sorry if this an old question, but all I want to do is be able to delete some of the crapware that came with my WFS, move apps to SD storage, and partition the SD card so I can have apps there.

all I need is S-OFF and root correct?

I would rather not have to install a custom ROM as I like the stock look and sense (just not the space hog Virgin Mobile preinstalled crap)

also, there is a ton of info on just how to S-Off and root (THANKX :) ) but I am on info overload. what would be the best and easiest way to achieve.

thankx all :)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. CafeKampuchia

CafeKampuchia Android Expert

1. S-OFF
    2. Root
    3. Install Clockworkmod Recovery
    4. Backup your ROM's present state
    5. Use ES File Explorer to uninstall bloatware as it backs up system apps that it uninstalls on the SD card.

Here is the thread you need for s-off/root for Virgin Mobile:

Tutorials, Roms, Team MarvelUSc -- EVERYTHING YOU NEED

3. My Virgin Mobile Wildfire S is rooted and S-OFF has been achieved, but whenever I boot into the bootloader it cycles saying something about wrong image/no image and will not allow me to access CWM.

Any idea why this would be or how to fix it?

4. CafeKampuchia

CafeKampuchia Android Expert

This is really the wrong place to put this request.

I'd just re-flash the recovery. Use this one for MarvelC:
    http://download.clockworkmod.com/recoveries/recovery-clockwork-5.0.2.8-marvelc.img

Flash it using step 5A of this guide:
    http://androidforums.com/wildfire-s-all-things-root/480954-guide-how-root-wildfire-s-s-finally.html

HTC Wildfire S Forum

The HTC Wildfire S release date was May 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1230mAh battery.

May 2011
Release Date
Reviews