• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root S OFF and security?

mikem0269

Android Expert
Aug 15, 2011
Illinois
with s off is it any easier for hackers to get into your phone? Just thinking of using the new banking app my bank just put out but i had my account hacked once from a purchase i made on like with the computer. I know nothing is 100% secure just wonder if s off is any less secure than s on.

with s off is it any easier for hackers to get into your phone? Just thinking of using the new banking app my bank just put out but i had my account hacked once from a purchase i made on like with the computer. I know nothing is 100% secure just wonder if s off is any less secure than s on.

"Securities" in this instance means turning on Write privileges for the boot and system sections of the phone. Your ROM is what will actually provide security for apps like banking. I do banking on my phone quite a bit. But I live in a relativity small town not mayberry small but not as big as some or even most larger cities. I don't know if its a mistake or if I have just been lucky or probably closer to the truth I'm broker than those who can afford to "hack" the systems. Maybe they will feel sorry for me and put money in my account :D

Upvote 0
"Securities" in this instance means turning on Write privileges for the boot and system sections of the phone. Your ROM is what will actually provide security for apps like banking. I do banking on my phone quite a bit. But I live in a relativity small town not mayberry small but not as big as some or even most larger cities. I don't know if its a mistake or if I have just been lucky or probably closer to the truth I'm broker than those who can afford to "hack" the systems. Maybe they will feel sorry for me and put money in my account :D
Yea i live paycheck to paycheck also however i live in a suburb of chicago but again i think its a random crime, i was hit by a hacker in england that made several charges to a gameing site before my bank cought it. they made like 400 in small charges in like 20 min untill the banks system caught it and stoped my card. I got the money back but it took like 6 days.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones