1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

s-off on froyo,now what?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mshowe, Aug 16, 2012.

1. mshowe

mshowe Lurker

Ok, I have completed this process and have Android 2.2 s-off

I am not sure quite what I have, however. I am a novice android user. I would prefer to stay stock, but wanted wifi tether.

So, how does a user like myself best use this device? I want basic stuff like, calendar that shows my next appointment (provided in stock newer release).

What should be my next step?

I want the benefits of good apps and updated apps, but don't want to be limited by "big daddy". Any thoughts (that are kind) are appreciated.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. scotty85

scotty85 Extreme Android User

3. packgrad1992

packgrad1992 Lurker

After flashing the ROM that I want to use, can I delete or reformat my SD card? It has a lot of data left over from when I was unrooted. I've already copied the data that I want to keep.

Just want to make sure that I'm not deleting items that may be in use. thx

4. nschiwy

nschiwy Newbie

You can wipe your SD without problem after you've flashed the ROM that you want. I would suggest, however, that you create a backup in clockworkmod and keep that in the clockworkmod folder on your sd card so that IF something goes wrong or you want to go back to stock you want an easy way to go back to stock then you can.

I would recommend my ROM - sparkplug, which is a rooted, deodexed, optimized version of the stock gingerbread 2.3.4 OTA. It is honestly the fastest stock based ROM I have ever tried on the dinc, which was why I decided to share it with the community.

[ROM][Sense]Sparkplug - Rooted, Optimized Incredible OTA[7/22/12] - xda-developers

Good luck!

scotty85 likes this.
  5. packgrad1992

packgrad1992 Lurker

Thanks for the response! Actually I'm running Albinoman's JellyBeam ROM from XDA. Happy with it so far.

6. mshowe

mshowe Lurker

7. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Extreme Android User

scotty85 likes this.
  8. mshowe

mshowe Lurker

per the link above in your prior post:

So in CWM:

At backup/restore menu, do a backup. Use the default name it provides. This is a nandroid backup and is an exact snapshot of everything on your phone right now (minus radio and hboot version). It can be very useful if the SHTF and you need to revert to a working setup. If that ever happens, goto recovery, same menu and choose the restore option. After the backup, you'll reboot. Then find your way back to CWM for the actual rom flashing part.

Now in CWM:

-wipe data (factory reset)
    -wipe cache partition
    -goto advanced menu, wipe dalvik cache
    -install zip from SD card
    -find zip on SD card (or similar verbage)

Yes, I checked MD5 values.

Thank you!

9. sdrawkcab25

You can try going into mounts and storage (in recovery) and format the boot partition in addition to the other wipes. Then try flashing, also I'd do a fresh download of the ROM(directly to the SD card preferably, rather than copying to the SD card).

10. mshowe

mshowe Lurker

I formatted the boot in addition with the same results. I did the MD5 check directly on the .zip file on the sd card. Shouldn't that verify things are cool?

I downloaded odexed, should I try deodexed?

11. sdrawkcab25

If the md5 is correct that should rule out a bad download. Usually getting stuck at he white HTC screen means the boot.img is bad.

I'd try another ROM just to see if you can get further. I personally haven't tried either of the roms, so I can't verify any known flashing issues. If you get stuck at the same spot no matter what ROM you try... try running a stock gingerbread PB31IMG.zip file(it will unroot you but can easily root again).

12. mshowe

mshowe Lurker

ok, I downloaded the deodexed and I am getting farther; however, after it is booted it "Force Closes" htc sense and loops through that.

process com.htc.launcher

Thoughts?

13. mshowe

mshowe Lurker

is there another rom you can recommend? I am suspicious of the other downloads since one didn't work at all and the other one has issues.

I need a reliable device should I switch back to my dinc. All I really want is stock + wireless tether.

Thanks much!

14. mshowe

mshowe Lurker

You can ignore, my prior post. I delete all user data/factory reset and the problem was resolved.

Thank you for your assistance!

sdrawkcab25 likes this.

HTC Droid Incredible Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible release date was April 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

April 2010
Release Date
Reviews